FirstUSA credit line increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mau, Aug 3, 2000.

1. Mau

Mau Guest

Does anyone has any experience with a credit line increase from FirstUSA?
    All my friend with their card does not have any increase for years....
    thank you

2. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

RE: FirstUSA credit line incre

When I wrote them a letter requesting the cancellation of my account, they responsed by increasing my credit line and sending me a set of promotional rate convenience checks.

3. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I'll bet your friends have never seen an increase in customer service from First USA. They are the absolute bottom-of-the-barrel in service.

I'll reiterate my last post concering First USA. They are a sub-prime institution that requires good credit from its new customers.

Their service is absolutely deplorable. They are well aware of it, and they really don't care. Their business and stock prices have fallen significantly, and they still don't give a rat's-ass. I guess they just don't get it.

4. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

You know First USA defies what is considered normal cause and effect.

I always held to the belief that you can force change in a company's tune by managing to bring down their stock price.

I guess it will finally take the upcoming avalance of class-action suits against them, including one's instituted by their beleagered stockholders to drive this company to its knees and get rid of some of the worst management in business today. How much you bet these useless executives (their philosophy is no service, high fees and lie, cheat, steal and ripoff your customers to the very end) get huge golden parachutes, while the workers get squat and stockholders get squat.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Things Could Change

I happened to read in Barron's that the new CEO at Bank One (which owns First USA) is the former president of Citigroup (which owns Citibank.) Change may take a while to happen, but market forces (including irate stockholders) may lead to a turnaround and perhaps even superior service at First USA.

I know this is controversial, but the same thing may already be happening at Providian. People praise them for their easy credit line increases, and less frequently for their service. That could be changing. In a few years, they could be noted for investing some of those exorbitant finance charges and annual fees to deliver excellent service.