FirstUSA does it again.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by J. Edgar, Jun 5, 2000.

1. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

I recently sent a letter to FirstUSA cancelling an account along with the card, severed into pieces. It was my old Chevy Chase FSB account they'd bought about two years ago. I never use the card any more and it had a ridiculous interest rate of 19.15% for purchases and 23.45% for cash advances. Occasionally I'd get convenience checks from them for a promotional 2.99% rate (and max $100 cash advance fee) that would last for somewhere between 6 and 8 hours before reverting to loan shark rates.

I find out today that FirstUSA's response to my letter and their minced card was to raise my credit limit $1000.00. I guess they just don't get it. Whoever opens their mail needs to improve their reading skills.

2. GUJ

GUJ Guest

AMEN ! GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIH IS NOT IN THEIR BOOK .LOUSY RATES AND SERVICE

3. C. Stewart

C. Stewart Guest

Try cancelling your spouses card when they pass away and company still calls your house for their promotional life insurance policies for members only!

4. $CM$

$CM$ Guest

As at most banks, the people who read the mail at First USA Bank are morons.

$CM$