Fleet Approval

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Lionel, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Lionel

Lionel Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the approx minimum scores for e-Platinum or other Fleet cards?

Thanks

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Lionel,

When my husband applied for the Titanium back in February 2000 his score was between 690-700. He was accepted for a $4000 credit limit and a FIXED interest rate of 9.99% (needless to say that didn't last long). If your scores are hovering around the 680s I would suggest Citibank, Amex, or Juniper (much better customer service), but the choice is yours.

Dani

PS As you can probably tell, I'm quite biased when Fleet is concerned. :)

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Dani, What happened with the interest rate?

I was just approved for the e-Titanium with a 4200 limit with a 9.9 apr. At the time I applies, CreditExpert said my score was around 725 (I think).

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

the other,

They increased it exactly six months later to 23.99%. I called customer service numerous times about it and received every excuse in the book 1) it was an across the board rate hike (although the Fed was dropping rates) 2) my husband was a "threat" (no reason though) 3) my husband had several delinquent accounts (I pulled all three of his credit reports and mailed it to them - no delinquencies on any of them). It took me three months to have the rate lowered back to its 9.99% and another two months for us to receive a credit on the finance charges (over $100 worth). We had transferred the balance since then and closed the account. The whole experience just left a really bad taste in my mouth and I won't have anything to do with them. Sincerely, I hope you receive your credit limit increase and everything works out.

Dani

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dani! I'll be on the lookout incase they try the same thing with me.

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Sounds like Nextcard (in the trash).