Fleet Jack My Rate To 13.89%!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kevinw01, Aug 23, 2003.

1. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello There,

I just got my Fleet Titanium Visa Card statement today in the mail and alot I got a insert telling me that as of 10/03 the apr will be 13.89% from 9.99% they said that the change is base on TU report that they recd and review... hmmm well first they sold my Fleet Fusion to First National Bank Of Omaha then now they are jacking the rate on the Titanium Card... did anyone else get something like this from Fleet? Please let me know...

Thx,

Kev

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

My brother in law got something like that about 18 months ago. He paid off the balance and put the card on ice. Fleet finally sent him a letter stating that there was some problems with his credit report and cancelled his account. My brother in law has perfect credit but does run high balances and pays them off with his commission checks every few months. I guess Fleet did not like him paying off his balance and not using their card. Since than Fleet has been sending him pre-approve status offers, and all he does is laugh and toss it into the shredder.

Looks like Fleet is up to their tricks again.

Best regards,
    Mirage

3. daveberk

daveberk Well-Known Member

Kevin, how do you like your first natl omaha card?

4. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello Daveberk,

I have not use the First National Bank Of Omaha Card yet is not active until tomorrow according to the letter I receive with the card... but I will let you know how I like them... I talk with the customer service reps and they seem pretty nice so far... will keep you posted.. do you have a card with them?

Thx,

Kev

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FLEET "JACKED" ME A FEW MONTHS AGO AND I SAID I DO NOT ACCEPT IT!!! I WILL PAY OFF THE ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY AND CLOSE IT!!!

THEY BACKED OFF!!!

I STILL HAVE 1.90% BT TILL 12/01/03 WITH A "GO-TO" 9.74%

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CHASE "JACKED" ME (because of a 30 day late that NEVER existed)...BUT they never backed off...so I closed it and they din't even try to keep me...

BUT they did the same thing to my wife...BUT they backed off...and even went lower than she had for a "GO-TO"...but it is still our HIGHEST WE NOW PAY!!!

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Here's a warning about rate jackings: if they jack it once, they may jack it again.

If you accept the first APR increase (or contract violation, if you wish) you go on their sucker list, and they may not be satisfied until you close the account. According to their perverse logic, if you accept the APR, then you must be in financial trouble.

8. daveberk

daveberk Well-Known Member

Kevin, I've had the card for three months. I BT'd to them at 0% for six months. There isn't too much information that I can find about them. Just wondering how good they are about CL increases. Initial credit line is 7K and "go to" is 7.99. Not too bad for starters.

9. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

Kevin check your e mail