Fleet Platinum Pre-approve Decline

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kevinw01, Aug 18, 2001.

1. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello There,

I just receive today in the mail a pre-approve Fleet Platinum Credit Card invitation so it saids that you can apply on line well I did that and after the 30 seconds it came back saying that they can't make an instant decision right now but they will send a letter out of their decision in 2 weeks.... does this sound like a denial to you? anyone has the same response when apply for a pre-approve application online.... please advice.... this is not good 2 denieds today one from Providain and now the Fleet... I have good credit no derogs or lates.... have a Juniper Platinum Card already... so I don't know why they can do an instant approval for me. any info please advice...

Thank You...

2. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Kevin - if Providian declined you, I would find out what bureau they used and get a copy of it pronto. Could be errors on their part or ??

Fleet pre-approved doesn't mean anything- they still pull reports for all cards. They're pretty conservative.

3. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

From what I have read about fleet, you should be thankful as ever you didn't get their card! I would dispute the inquiry too, and whatever you do, stay away from Fleet. Try Chase, Bank of America, or Citibank. Much better reputation wit people from things I've researched.