Fleet Pulls 2 reports?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by deadbeavis, Aug 8, 2003.

1. deadbeavis

deadbeavis Well-Known Member

Recently my wife received a 'Prequalified' Platinum offer from Fleet CC, to which she applied online and got a 10 second response--'We cannot make a decision at this time. You will be notified in approxiametely 2 weeks'. Sure enough, immediately afer that, we checked her report, and found they pulled from TU. Then I checked EXP, they pulled from them too. Today I received a letter from Fleet, DENIED based on the report from Exp.

The problem is, both TU and EXP are almost exactly identical, except for several add'l inquiries on EXP, but she was not denied for that. She was denied for not having a long enough credit history established? She has almost 2 yrs of history! In addition, we both have a joint bank account with Fleet and have outstanding history with them.

I called Fleet and inquired about the 'Prequalified' BS. The woman told me based on the credit info they received about her, she was qualified to receive the card. Because the info we provided when applying for the card did not consitute the qualification standards, they could not make a decision immediately and hence, the inevitable denial. I found their answer to be expremely vague. I mean, we both have 0 debt and make over 100+ in our household, and she has no negative info, it just does not make sense.

Be careful about this offer, it's not what you think. MAybe we are better off. After all, they want all to agree to accept all the terms and conditions set forth for the state of RI (the worst). I still don't get why they would pull 2 credit reports, exp since I read they pull TU 99% of the time. Is that legal?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have been DENIED (NATIONAL CITY) for "LENGTH OF CREDIT HISTORY" in the past 5 months (MARCH 2003)

I ONLY HAVE 25+ YEARS OF HISTORY!!!

I DID NOT EVEN CALL OR WRITE TO TELL THEM THAT ARE ARE A "CLUELESS BANK"

THEIR LOSS!!!

3. deadbeavis

deadbeavis Well-Known Member

Well, I've been a Fleet banking customer for 10 years, how much longer do you think I will continue after this? Clueless is accurate.