Fleet -- what the heck?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JB, May 9, 2001.

1. JB

JB Well-Known Member

I just got my Fleet card about six weeks ago and today I received my first statement. On my card, there is no annual fee.

I was reading the small print on the back of the statement and it said IF you did have an annual fee and you did call and request the fee to be cancelled/waived, that they would do it but then cancel your card within 30 days. So they cancel your card just for asking for the fee to be dropped!!!!!
    Has anyone heard of any other credit card companies doing this?

I am glad I don't have an annual fee on this card.

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

JB:

Read the small print carefully. When you cancel your account with Fleet the interest rate increases to 26.99% (I know this because I learned the hard way). Also, Fleet usually lets you go six months or so before they send you a letter stating "since our interest rate is so low we are going to charge you an annual fee of $35." Then another six months go by and you start noticing that your once "fixed" interest rate is increasing or your payments are posting later and later to your account. Not everyone shares my experience with Fleet, but there are quite a few who have. Same tactics, same excuses. I truly hope the card works for you and you enjoy it. Best of luck.

Dani