FNANB Max Limit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, May 16, 2001.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just sitting here thinking about FNANB. Opened my acct in Oct 96 at $6K, no increases until June 2000 - $1000, then again October $1000. Thought I'd figured out their system, but nothing since. Tho I did receive two 0% deferred for 3 month deals since then. Did I reach the max? If you have this card, what is your limit? Thanks.

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Also opened a Visa in Oct of 96 at 6k. Raised to 7k at about a year, then to 8k, another 7 months. Then raised to 9k, then to 10k. Been at 10k since October of 99. Tried to upgrade to their Gold Visa recently, kept getting a different story from every representive, I talked to. Last one said, it is up to their marketing department, you can not request an upgrade.

3. mj

mj Well-Known Member

They have a simple system -- limit increases every 4 months - they usually up it 20%-30% each time. I started at $1k in Oct '98 - now I'm at $6.7k.

Just call the customer service number, find the "press XX to review your account for a credit limit increase..." and the system takes like 2 seconds.

They've never done a hard inquiry (the message states "that this request may result in an inquiry..." but like I said, they never have for me (they so a soft inquiry every 6 months).

-mj

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Could you explain XX. 1-800-728-8472 is that the same customer service number you are talking about?

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT MJ...But I would assume, press the # (#'s) on your touch tone phone that apply.

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

You call the number, enter the last 4 of your SSN (or the whole thing if it asks) ... then the computer blah-blahs all you account info (takes a while). Then you get options - select 3 (reqest increase in credit limit) then select 1 ... then confirm.

Good luck,
    mj

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Never heard the voice messages say anything about Credit Limit Increases.

8. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Doug- you have to listen to ALL the account info (your balance is ... your credlt limit is ... your available credit is ... your last payment was ... your next payment is due ... (it takes a minute or so!)...

That's when the options come up --

mj

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Listen a couple of times, not one option about credit limit increases. Balance, change of address, credit protection, etc.

10. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hey Doug,
    I haven't listened to the options for over a year, so I tried it today. After listening to my account balance and last payment info, it gave me several options: the first one is to repeat balance and transaction info, second was to make a payment over the phone, request a statement, etc., and #3 is to 'request a credit line increase, change your mailing address, or change your PIN'. Is this what you hear? Not implying that you can't hear :), just wondering if you only hear that option if you haven't maxed out on what they offer for credit limits. You're at $10K, right?

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Yes, I am at 10k. #3 option is change your mailing address and PIN. Hard to believe that 10k is max, but possible. I will ask a customer service rep. No mention whatsover about credit limit increase on #3 option. Appreciate your responces. Thanks.