FNANB Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ryan, Nov 1, 2000.

1. ryan

ryan Guest

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had any feedback on FNANB's Visa? How strict are their credit requirements? Is Customer Service any good? How do you apply? etc.....

thanks in advance,

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hi Ryan,

I've had the Visa for four years. They sent me a 'pre-approval', so I didn't really apply. Creditwise, I was 6 years into my BK (Chap 7), with a few 30-day lates.

Customer service is decent, nothing special, but no problems either. The only issues I've ever had were that they don't have special transfer rates or online account access. They never call trying to sell you anything, or send you anything but your statement.

My APR is 17.15; started at 15.9, and only moves when the prime rate does. I've tried twice this year to get it lowered, but they say I've already got the lowest they have (I wonder what others are paying???).

That's all I can think of right now. Overall, I like them.

3. Marco

Marco Guest

I've had mine for a few years... they're pretty no-nonsense. Here's my experiences:

1) Credit line increases are generous and frequent (you have to ask) ... automated system will approve/decline once every 4 months. I've gone from 1,000 to 4,700 in 2 years.

2) APR was 19.8, then lowered to 15.9, now 17.15. Not great, but not bad.

3) They won't allow individual transactions over $2k without speaking directly to you. No major problem, but some merchants don't know how to handle a manual approval.

4) They're part of Circuit City, but the Visa card terms are much better than the CC card.

4. ryan

ryan Guest

Does anyone have a # for them?

5. JacquiG

Try 1-800-728-8472, but they're only open during "business hours" mostly.

6. JacquiG

OK, so that's how that works. I started at $6K in '96, and never got an increase until June of this year ($1K). I didn't ask for it, though. Then four months later, another $1K. They were both automatic.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Started at 6K 12/96 about every 8 months received a 1k limit increase. All were automatic increases never asked, now at 10K. Oct of 99 thou was last increase.