FNANB Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chet, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Have had this card about 6 months, and they just (automatically) upped my credit limit from $500 to $900.

I would recommend this card for credit rebuilding. My apr is 19.2%, no annual fee, they report to all 3 CB's, and it's an attractive card (they also offer different specials at Circuit City). I was approved with a 92 BK :)

chet

2. sandra

sandra Guest

which bank is "FNANB" Visa?

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not familiar with this card.

Thanks.

Donna

4. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Chet, for the info. I'm headed to take a look at their web site.

Donna

6. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

They are pretty good with automatic increases as well as waiving late fees. Also, you can pay your bill at any Circuit City and it will be posted within 24 hours.

7. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Do they report line limits?

8. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Yes, they do.

9. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Hey JacquiG

I recall from some of your prior post that you had a BK which is gone from your credit reports now, and you are back in the prime world. Question: Did you get any prime cards while your BK still appeared on your credit reports, and if you did which cards were they? And also if you did, how bad did your credit look at the time?

thank you in advance

chet :)

10. JacquiG

Re: Hey Chet!

From what I can remember, FNANB was my first 'real' card after my 1988 CH7. At the time, I had two cards, a VISA from ~1990 and a $300 Orchard card from June 96. FNANB sent me the offer in Oct 1996. The only accounts on my report were a GMAC loan that was reaffirmed, with a ridiculous number of 30-day lates (8+, I think) prior to 1993, another car loan from April 1993 that I had just finished paying, and, though I'd like to forget, there were several short-term finance company loans from 1994-95. I think I had also just got a Capital One card a few months before. I was doing some serious rebuilding, and I almost cried when I got my FNANB card - $6K wasn't even a thought.

Jac

11. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

Re: Hey Chet!

I have one 30 day late on my report, but I am currently disputing it. How can I apply and who is the bank that issues the card?

12. mj

mj Well-Known Member

RE: FNANB - GREAT BANK!

I got a pre-approved one in the mail about 2 years post Ch7 -- $1000 limit, and every 4 months they have raised my limit. Now it's at $6000. After 1 year the rate was lowered to 15.9. Not the greatest, but not usury either.

I now have much lower rate cards (Blue, Fleet), but I can't bring myself to close this one ... they showed trust in me and have been very good re: customer service, so I use this card exclusively for "on-line" stuff - just to keep things safe and separated.

Good luck-
    mj

13. JacquiG

To: Kitty

They're owned by Circuit City. The website is www.fnanb.com, but it doesn't really provide any useful information. No online apps, either - you can send an email or call 1-800-728-8472 and see if they can/will send you one.

Jacqui G.