FOLEYS, TEXACO, DILLARDS, ETC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bgolden, Dec 10, 2000.

1. bgolden

bgolden Guest

MY HUSBAND HAS ABOUT 8 COLLECTIONS ON 2 OF HIS REPORTS. THEY ARE TEXACO, GMAC, FNANB(CIRCUIT CITY), DILLARDS, MACYS, CITIBANK, CHEVRON AND 2 COLLECTION AGENCIES. DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE CONTACTING THE CREDITOR TO VERIFY A DEBT? AND IF YOU HAVE WORKED WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE COMPANIES. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR EXPERIENCES AND THE FORM LETTER YOU USED TO DO IT. THANKS FOR RESPONDING.

2. river

river Well-Known Member

RE: FOLEYS, TEXACO, DILLARDS,

What sort of crisis did you husband experience to let "once upon a time" good credit go to hell!!!! To had to have these acc'ts,his credit had to be good at one time.I don't really see how you can do anything with so many brand name creditors, except put in his time toward the SOL.Regardless if you pay now or later,it's not really going to change things much except that it's a "paid charge-off" or"paid debt".Are these old acc't or fairly new? Too many too dispute the same way,would look suspious . You should start building some credit for yourself and putting him on as AU to off set his negative credit and let some drop off first and dispute a few at a time.

3. bgolden

bgolden Guest

WE WENT THROUGH A REAL BAD DEPRESSION, WE WERE VERY YOUNG AND HAD A BABY SO WE JUST GOT OVEREXTENDED AND HE WAS NOT HAPPY JUST WORKING A JOB HE WANTED A CAREER. SO OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS HE HAS FOUND IT IN THE COMPUTER FIELD AND HE MAKES GOOD MONEY BUT WHAT HE DOES NOW WILL ALLOW HIM TO MAKE ALOT MORE MONEY BECAUSE HE IS ENTRY LEVEL. HE MAKES ABOUT 75,000.00 NOW SO WE HAVE COME A LOOOOONNNNGGG WAY FROM WHERE WE WERE. BUT THESE ACCOUNTS ARE ABOUT 5-6 YEARS OLD. WHEN I STARTED CLEARING HIS CREDIT BETWEEN THE CHARGEOFFS AND THEN THE COLLECTION AGENCIES COLLECTING ON THOSE CHARGEOFFS HE HAD ABOUT 20 BAD ACCOUNTS. BUT THE CREDIT AGENCIES LIKE TO SCREW YOU AROUND SO I WAS TRYING ANOTHER APPROACH. SO PLEASE ANYONE WHO HAS DISPUTED WITH THE CREDITOR TELL ME IF IT WILL WORK AND HOW I SHOULD DO IT. THANKS

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I disputed , and got a bunch of stuff taken off. check out junum.com if you are new. they will take some of that precious $75K entry-level (?) money and fight for you.

Pretty good deal if you are too new to fight.

You only have to wait 7 years after charge off and the debts fall off. Probably best to ride it out. and dont make the same mistake again!

5. river

river Well-Known Member

If the acc'ts are that od and you have cleared out the majority. I would suggest that you request original app with signature and if they can not produce it ,then they will have to remove it. Accept no microfilm copy.Original contract with signature is the key to maybe getting them removed.

6. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

let me just tell you, that I got my credit report friday and I had disputed my Dillard's account 2ce, and now it has been deleted from my equifax file!!! Good Luck!