FOR ANYONE INTRESTED IN AMEX T

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newcomer2, Jan 27, 2001.

1. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

I Had Applied for the Amex Optima Platinum Card. In hopes That Amex Centurion Bank will over trun the rejection based on my History with the secured card.. Unfortuntly On the same day I called to have the decison over Truned Guess what .!! All reps on the same exact day have been told that they can no longer overturn denials . !! CAlled twice and spoke to a couple and recieved the same info from both.. Sucks for most secured card holders since this card is absolutly useless now..And the funny thing is I've had that Card for 4 years !
    Good luck everyone for trying to break through the the great walls of amex .!!:)

2. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

RE: FOR ANYONE INTRESTED IN AM

Call to 1-800-5525392 (business hours). I think this is the Tel Number for The Centurion Bank and request them again or ask about the procedure to unsecure your card.

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

that's the number I called .. !

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks for the update. The few people here who reported having reps override denials for Optima Platinum spoke with Amex New Accounts: 1800-962-7227. (In Dogman's case that was indeed Centurion Bank, but his was a Charge card application).

I don't suppose they have different override authorizations, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

You can also try applying for the regular Optima and - upon approval - request a product transfer to a better card. It works.

Saar

5. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

thankx saar ..
    I'll give that number a call tommorrow. see they are able to override it . hopefully it will work i'll keep you updated .