? for Bill-Creditwrench master

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bfllover, Jul 18, 2001.

1. bfllover

bfllover Well-Known Member

I signed with Junum but I blacked out one item I wanted left alone.It is a collection account from an old medical bill.It is for under $150.They had not contacted me at all, for they had right address,wrong city and everything was getting returned to them.I found their phone number on the internet and they are located in my city.I called them a week ago,inquired what the account was,asked them to delete in exchange for payment.She talked to a supervisor,came back on said no-it would still be on report but as paid.They have not called me or sent a letter since that call.Do you really have a secret method that can make them delete>The reason I hired junum for othere than this coll was that I did not want to make a mistake doing this on my own.I want to clear up all my credit as quickly as poss.Also do you have a method to get paid tax liens removed from reports.I know you said not to mix by doing repair yourself plus having junum or others doing repair.But I am not even sure if Junum disputes tax liens(paid) or coll accounts(unpaid) or are successful at it if they do.I do not mind paying the under $150 colll,that I really thought insurance had paid,but one thing I have learned here is to not pay till you get what you want.Everyone says you need a paper trail,but do you not need to start with phone calls in order to get names of supervisors to direct letters to?Thank you

2. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I hope you get an answer , I also have paid tax liens, but do not know how to remove them. I was told that I had to "file" them with the clerk of the court where the liens were filed originally, and that I have to pay a fee (I think about $50 or $60) each in Ohio.

Someone here told me to mail the copies of the lien releases to the courts, ask to have them removed from my public record, then dispute through cra.

I am contemplating doing this, and not sending any money to "file", then see what the court says.

3. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

What is a tax lien?

As the for collection agency, keep calling and getting names, fax a settlement typle letter.
    Let them know you are willing to do a credit card or check by phone payment.

Tyring calling back about twice per week. Speak to a supervisor.

I was able to get mine paid and deleted in a matter of two weeks.

Line I used: For such a little debt, it would have been paid. Too bad we had a communication problem and you had the wrong address.

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Billover

I'm going to ignore most of the first descriptive part you posted in the interests of brevity.

Do you really have a secret method that can make them delete>

No, it's not secret at all. I learned what I know through years of experience of being on the wrong end of the collection stick and having to deal with it effectively. So I learned just about all of what I know from others and yes, some of what I learned was being applied to other areas of expertise, but I could see that what was being used in other arenas such as successfuly fighting with the IRS would also be effective in credit and collections, so I started useing such methods and they worked in collections too just as effectively as they did in fighting IRS and other governmental agencies. So my secrets are not secrets at all except to the unknowledgeable and under-educated.We have college professors and attorneys and other very qualified professionals here in this forum most of the time. Yet they may be under-educated for the simple reason that they don't have the same knowledge or outlook on the situation that I do. Don't mean they are stupid or ignorant or anything of the sort. They just don't know what I know, have not been in my shoes and have not had the same experiences.

But that don't make me a genius either. I have several college degrees too, but I'm still under-educated in their field of specialty. I don't have the same experiences they do. We all have to learn sometime and usually from someone else.

The reason I hired junum. Why you hired Junum is not my concern. I just hope they do a good job for you.

Also do you have a method to get paid tax liens removed from reports.

Not any real red-hot fireball methods that are easy to do. I've fought with the IRS and the state tax people before on numerous occasions and came out winner every time, but I sure would not want to put the average person through what it has cost me to win. Without going to court and trying to prove complex legal issues, I don't have any real "fireball" ways to get rid of tax liens.I assume you are talking about state tax liens. They are a lot tougher than IRS liens for the simple reason that they always use a proper and lawful assessment of taxation where IRS does not. So therefore, you have to take them to task over such issues as "please define lawful money in this court of law that I just sued you in" and that gets real hairy.

Someone posted a way to try to negotiate with the tax people a few threads ago and what they had to say makes some sense to me to say the least. Other than that, you just about have to spam them off your record. Can't win them all, you know.

I know you said not to mix by doing repair yourself plus having junum or others doing repair.But I am not even sure if Junum disputes tax liens(paid) or coll accounts(unpaid) or are successful at it if they do.

I don't know about the above either.

I do not mind paying the under $150 colll,that I really thought insurance had paid,but one thing I have learned here is to not pay till you get what you want.

Everyone says you need a paper trail,but do you not need to start with phone calls in order to get names of supervisors to direct letters to?

Naahhhh! Just get out the ol shootgun and shoot into the crowd and see which turkey falls dead. That's your feast.(LOL)

In otherwords, write them a letter and whoever gets it gets it. Don't matter. Just so somebody answers it or don't answer it or whatever. Take it from there.

Hey, I realize it sounds like I'm not giving you a lot of help here, but it isn't because I don't want to, it's because I can't really comment on Junum or at least I don't want to. I mean, what am I supposed to do, bad-mouth them just because they got more business than I do??? I don't think so.

Then the tax liens. Yes, I can either teach you how to spam them to death or do it for you, but I sure can't guarantee you how successful either one of us will be. Some folks have been successful spamming them off, others have not. So I'm no better than they are unless I want to take them to court, and I don't. Been there, done that. Several times over. Best I ever got was a "Mexican standoff". A Mexican standoff is where one is scared out of his boots of the other and the other is damned glad of it.

The collection accounts is a different matter. I can probably help you with those.

5. bfllover

That line is exactly what I will do--for they had right street address--wrong city.I corrected the city with the hospital way back at the beginning with the hospital when they called and said everything was being returned to them.First though-I have a sneaking suspicion that while it may be my bill,that it ts not valid.I remember a collection agent calling me back then and being very nasty,daily.I called the hospital who said,in accordance with my hmo a lesser payment was accepted by them and that the collection agency should not even have my account.The nasty guy kept calling and saying I was responsible for everything.The billing at the hospital said they would get him off my back and they did,but he was a dilly.Unfortunately I was dumb and did not keep the names of the man or hospital agent.So I need to do some detective work and see if that was one and the same on this collection.

6. bfllover

Thank you Bill.