? for CR, J. Edgar, Kristi or

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by curiouser, Apr 11, 2000.

1. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

I'm doing some work for a woman who is in an interesting bind. Here's the situation. She is getting divorced. She has her own credit accounts (revolving and installment) which she had before she was married and maintained as completely separate accounts. Her husband added her as an authorized user on several revolving credit accounts. These were not joint accounts. It states on her credit reports that she was merely an authorized user. When she separated from him, she returned the cards and sent a letter with his signature to the creditors noting that she was no longer an authorized user. She also paid off the accounts bringing them to a zero balance. She has the return receipts.

She applied for two new accounts and was turned down. The reason listed was delinquent accounts. When she pulled her credit reports, the only delinquent accounts were the accounts on which she was an authorized user. The delinquency was also after she was removed from the account.

Anything special that needs to be said in the dispute letter besides the fact that she was not an authorized user at the time of the delinquency?

2. Kristi

Kristi Guest

RE: ? for CR, J. Edgar, Kristi

I just love when they do this. Have her inform the creditors that she followed proper protocal in not only paying off the debt in full but also by puting her request in writing to remove her. Have her advise them that not only was she nothing more then an "authorized User" but the proper steps were taken to insure full payoff before requesting removal. This is totally the creditors error. if they refuse to remove it, I say she go after them for deceptive practices along with legal avenues for ruining her credit. This happens alot! Tell her not to let it slip. They need to fix the problem at once and correct the errors to the CRA and provide her with written doc's to that affect.

curiouser and curiouser wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I'm doing some work for a woman who is in an interesting bind. Here's the situation. She is getting divorced. She has her own credit accounts (revolving and installment) which she had before she was married and maintained as completely separate accounts. Her husband added her as an authorized user on several revolving credit accounts. These were not joint accounts. It states on her credit reports that she was merely an authorized user. When she separated from him, she returned the cards and sent a letter with his signature to the creditors noting that she was no longer an authorized user. She also paid off the accounts bringing them to a zero balance. She has the return receipts.

She applied for two new accounts and was turned down. The reason listed was delinquent accounts. When she pulled her credit reports, the only delinquent accounts were the accounts on which she was an authorized user. The delinquency was also after she was removed from the account.

Anything special that need....

3. Christine

Christine Guest

invoice like a doctor or lawye

The problem is that the creditors simply don't care. Their only interest is the bottom line. I highly recommend you INVOICE your time and COLLECT!

I billed and COLLECTED over $2,000 ($75 per hour) from Home Savings to resolve their "error."

As long as consumers don't make the creditors pay, corporate America has NO REASON to change their fraudulent business practices.

4. me

me Well-Known Member

RE: invoice like a doctor or l

Do you send a letter with the invoice? I think that's an awesome idea. Can you tell us more?

5. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kristi.

6. Shania

Shania Guest

Why oh why?

Why do creditors love to attack honest, innocent people? Well besides getting the loot. I understand that there are disreputable people out there that spend and spend and never pay back a dime, but just because a few are dorks doesn't mean that all credit card holders do it. I guess the saying really is true. "A few rotten apples spoils the whole bunch".

7. deniserich

deniserich Banned

For an enlightning look at this issue of "authorized users" go to Bankrate.com and read their recent article on the front page for a recently filed class action suit on this very subject.