For Momof3

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrot, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Hi, I've noticed from your other posts that you are working to get a mortgage and live in Virginia. I live in VA, too, and was about to buy a house earlier this year and I thought I'd pass this on to you:

There is a mortgage company in Yorktown Virginia that offers FHA loans to people with less than perfect credit. My credit sucked (620 FICO, Bankruptcy, 4 paid judgements) and they we're going to give me a loan for a townhouse with something like 4% down at 8.5% interest. The web address is:
    http://www.1stbancorp.com/
    800-850-5363--ask for Clara

From your posts I know you were concerned about getting your credit straight by the summer, and these people may be able to help you get a decent loan with a decent downpayment and interest rate. Hope this helps!

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, I will look into this:) Did you purchase a home yet??

Mom

3. Carrot

Carrot Guest

No, I decided to think things through a bit more--I live in Charlottesville and I'm not quite sure I want to live here for the rest of my life (or at least the next 5 years). I was approved for a mortgage with CTX, but they wanted 10% down and 12% interest because of my credit. Needless to say, I shopped around and ran across First BankCorp on the net. Most of the other companies I contacted were not able to offer me an FHA mortgage because of their underwriting, but this company was willing to work with my credit. I found the person I was working with (Clara) to be very honest and non-judgemental about my credit history.