For Roni...not about Citibank!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FSU girl, Oct 15, 2000.

1. FSU girl

FSU girl Guest

In one of your last posts, you said you found out when you applied at Chase for an account that you were on ChexSystems, so then you paid your old bank. I owe about $250 to a bank I used to use, and I want to pay them back, but I don't know where to start. Was there someone specific you spoke with? And I have recently moved and there isn't a branch of my former bank here. I would probably have to try to settle all this over the phone. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: For Roni...not about Citib

Yes, My old bank was in another state also. I called the old branch that I opened the account and did most transactions. They had a record of my overdrawn account. Mine was for about $400. Silly me forgot about a deferred payment from Chadwicks which came in after I graduated school. So, they told me the exact amount and I paid it. After receiving my money order, I called them and they said that it would take a few days to notify chexsystem. I gave it about a week and then applied at chase. I was no longer in the system. This was the same branch that turned me down before, so I know my name was cleared. I havenot had a problem since. This was in summer '98. I hope this helps. I was confused and scared of the chexsystem thing myself originally. But it all worked out. Good Luck.