? for Roni or someone with Stu

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PC509, Nov 15, 2000.

1. PC509

PC509 Guest

I am going to college right now, and took out a student loan (with Citibank, no less), and plan on paying it on time when the bills start coming. However, I do have a couple of questions:

1. Does it report to the CRA's when I am paying on it?

2. Does it report to the CRA's when I am still in school, and not supposed to be paying on it?

Thanks for any info you can give me, and any advice on rebuilding my credit would be great!!!! : )

Dustin

2. kim

kim Well-Known Member

RE: ? for Roni or someone with

My student loans are listed on my credit report with a statement ~ "Not in Repayment Status" or something very similar to that.

3. Eboni

Eboni Guest

RE: ? for Roni or someone with

It reports to the CRA's as soon as you get approved for the loan. When you are not in repayment it reports as such. When you are paying on th eaccount it reports as being in repayment, with the payment history.

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: PC509; what kind of loan w

PC509- Did you get a private Citi loan, or the Stafford loan?

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

PC509

PC509
    Your student loans report as soon as you accept the loan. While you are in school, they are interest free (if you were smart enough to take out a stafford) and are reported with a I0 (installment loan w/ 0 activity) status. This does not help or hurt your credit score. But it is on your credit report. Once you make payments the status changes to I1 (installment loan, pays as agreed). I have heard that student loans do not help our scores really, until we pay a substantial amount of the balance. But that is second hand info. Hope this helps.

roni.

PC509 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I am going to college right now, and took out a student loan (with Citibank, no less), and plan on paying it on time when the bills start coming. However, I do have a couple of questions:

1. Does it report to the CRA's when I am paying on it?

2. Does it report to the CRA's when I am still in school, and not supposed to be paying on it?

Thanks for any info you can give me, and any advice on rebuilding my credit would be great!!!! : )

Dustin

6. PC509

PC509 Guest

THANKS A MILLION!

Thanks for your help! You guys are so awesome!! Thanks to this site, my credit has gone from a bomb to being alright... Not great, but alright. : )
    Thanks again for all the help!!
    : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : )