For Shantel re: MDX purchase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TxMommy, Oct 9, 2001.

1. TxMommy

TxMommy Active Member

Hi Shantel! I'm so sorry for butting in, but I am very eager to purchase an MDX. Congratulations on your new SUV! They are so awesome!!! My credit is fair (I just bought a new home) but I wanted to know which method of financing you used (if it is not too personal?) Did you go thru the dealer or bank, and did you do straight purchase, lease, or balloon?

Also, what type of rates did you get and what is your credit like? I'm so sorry for all of the questions but I am just so nervous about applying at the dealership! The idea of being turned down in person is just too much for me. I love the MDX and it is the only car that I will purchase, so if I can't get approved now (on terms I can live with) then I will keep saving and make a bigger down payment.

Again, sorry if I am getting too personal - I am just so curious. Any details that you can give me would be great. Downpayment, rates, etc.

Thanks again!

TxMommy

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

3. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

TxMommy....

I know this is incredibly late but you know what they say...better late than never!

Thanks for the congrats. I'm really loving my new car!

I did my financing through my credit union. I'm leasing and the interest rate came to about 8%. I didn't put any money down although this didn't matter at my credit union. For their lease, you're either approved or not and everyone gets the same rate.

At the time, my credit was excellent. I was in the high 600s. My credit union only pulls from Equifax, which was the report with the good credit score.

Moreover, I did let the dealership pull my credit (they pulled Equifax) and they sent my information to Honda American and Chase. They both pulled Trans Union and I was denied. I was just shopping for a better rate so I guess I'm glad I had financing already lined up.

I got the 2001, Granite Green Touring model. The only option I purchased was running boards. That brought the cost to the high 30s. My payment is in the high 500s. I'm on a 4yr lease (just as the warranty is running out) with the standard 12k miles per year. I had the option to buy up to 18k a year but my payments would have been higher (no go there).

I also get the 1st 2 years of regularly scheduled maintenance free through the dealership (nice little plus).

If there's anything else you want to know, you can always click on my name and email me directly.

By the way, in case you didn't know already, there's about a 4 to 6 month wait list and if you're lucky, you'll get a dealership that will sell it to you for sticker (and not above). The 2002 models will cost a little more (I don't know how much) and at this point, that's the only model year you can get (they aren't building anymore 2001s).

If you want more info (info from drivers regarding problems, comparison to other cars, etc), check out www.acuramdx.org. I'm on that board also and there is a wealth of info there.

Good luck!!!