For the ChexSystems impaired!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Aug 4, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Coming to you live from my BlackBerry wireless. I'm standing in line here at the WalMart SuperCenter in North Dallas, TX and looking straight ahead at this sign over their new indoor bank that says "Wood Forest Bank. Free Checking...NO CREDIT CHECKS."

Sign says they're website is at http://www.woodforest.com

You KNOW you're addicted to this board when you can't even wait to get home and put away the shopping and groceries to alert everyone to a new, possible financial resource!!!

Gotta go, the cashier is looking at me funny!!!

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hope! You angel!! I thank you on behalf of my daughter!!!

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Yeah, standing in line with everyone else, I'm sure I had that "glazed doughnut" look on my face. And the, my eyes focused and I read that "NO CREDIT CHECK" huge banner swinging above the bank alcove.

I learned that they're not in all WalMarts' but they are online, so maybe it'll benefit someone.

One note: skip the Clarke American on your second order (looks like the first is free), because I believe they're associated with ChexSystems.

Personally, I use http://www.checksinthemail.com. It's cheaper and faster.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Deluxe, and all their subsidiaries sell your info.

breeze

5. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

My mistake! I think it's Deluxe that's associated with ChexSystems, isn't it?

6. IamBuzzed

IamBuzzed Well-Known Member

Yup. Deluxe owns chexsystems thats also why many banks only order checks with deluxe. They also are associated with SCAN

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I've been trying to recall the check printer that isn't owned by Deluxe...there is one. Anybody recall?
    We should boycott those info selling jerks!

breeze

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

9. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

I think it may be Clarke American. But don't quote me. Like I said, I started using Checks In the Mail years ago when I found out they were 1/3 the cost of my credit union and got me my order in 3 days instead of 2-3 weeks. Can't believe I ever used to wait that long.

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

12. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Hope,you are the girl !!!!

I'm in Dallas also;is this the location @ 635 & Midway Rd or otherwise ?

Sister Girl

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SO CURRENT CHECKS IS PART OF THE "BAD BOYS GROUP" ?

I never would have known...

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CURRENT MUST HAVE BOUGHT OUT RECENTLY...

15. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Hi Sister Girl,

This location is in Plano. Looks like they're not in all the WalMarts yet, but they're switching over rapidly.