For those who believe in a peaceful

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by breeze, Oct 1, 2001.

1. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Breeze,

No one has been responding to these attack posts any more, and I think that's a shame. Please continue to post here.

You're right, there's no way to negotiate with madmen. They operate with a very primitive mentality. If what they're doing keeps working, they will continue to do it. As far as they're concerned, they won a great victory, which proves (to them) that Allah is still on their side.

On the other hand, if they get pounded every day, some of them wiil get the message that Allah has taken a vacation from terrorism. Maybe the real psychos will never learn, but there will be very few people to help them.

As for the pictures, is the message that there is a fundamental incompatibility between Western Civilization and Islam? They're very clever, of course.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I researched the pictures. They may have been sent from Russia (a friend sent them to me), but they are actually from some radically liberal website - if I had know where they came from, I probably wouldn't have posted them, I would have deleted them.

However, they do illustrate the point - if we don't stop them, our way of life would be gone. I was impressed with the British Prime Minister's speech yesterday - he put it perfectly.

Hard to believe there are actually Americans out there who say that the US is responsible for the WTC attacks because of our foreign policy. That is sheer crap. I can't believe they buy the propaganda coming out of these other countries. Their demonstrations are an affront to all those who lost loved ones, to the police and firement who sacrificed so much, and to our military who may have to sacrifice so much. Makes me wonder what they would have said about Hitler. If the US hadn't tried to stay out of WW II it would have been over a lot sooner.

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Breeze,

You read my mind. Totally agree.

Dani