Ford Motor Dispute- Now What?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tearmup, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Tearmup

Tearmup Member

I sent a dispute/validation letter to Ford Motor Credit about a repossession and monies owed listed on my credit report. This was 45 days ago and I haven't heard anything back. I did send the dispute certified mail with a return receipt. I then called Ford and they told me that my case was transferred to a CA and they no longer had any information. I called the CA and they verified that my file from Ford had been assigned to them. Ford Motor is listed on my credit report as of today. My questions are:

1) Can the CA also report this to the CBA?
    2) Should I send another dispute letter to Ford and cc the CA or should I send a validation letter to the CA?

Thanks.

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

yes
    Do that. Remember, they are still going to have to go to Ford for the proof, and since you might have woke them up, I would do it now. Validation will stop them from legally placing it on your CR. (Don't call the CA again )

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Leave ford out of this for now.You're dealing with the ca.

Send CA this

Here is the Validation Letter you want to send by CRRR.
    Don't make any changes on it and don't hand sign it.

Your Name
    Address
    City State Zip

Company
    Address
    City State Zip

Date

RE: Account #_________/Original Creditorâ??s Name

Dear Sir/Madame:

Thank you for your recent inquiry. This is not a refusal to pay, but a notice that your claim is being disputed. This is a request for validation made pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Please complete and return the attached disclosure request form.

Be advised that I am not requesting a "verification" that you have my mailing address, I am requesting a "validation;" that is, competent evidence that I have some contractual obligation to pay you.

You should also be aware that sending unsubstantiated demands for payment through the United States Mail System might constitute mail fraud under federal and state law. You may wish to consult with a competent legal advisor before your next communication with me.

Your failure to satisfy this request within the requirements of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act will be construed as your absolute waiver of any and all claims against me, and your tacit agreement to compensate me for costs and attorney fees.

Sincerely,

Your Name don't sign

- - - Include the following on a separate sheet of paper - - -

CREDITOR DISCLOSURE STATEMENT

Name and Address of Collector (assignee): _________________________

Name and Address of Debtor: ____________________________________

Account Number(s): ____________________________________________

What are the terms of assignment for this account? You may attach a facsimile of any records relating to such terms.

Have any insurance claims been made by any creditor or assignee regarding this account? YES/NO

Has the purported balanced of this account been used in any tax deduction claim? YES/NO

Please list the particular products or services sold by the collector to the debtor and the dollar amount of each:

Upon failure or refusal of collector to validate this collection action, collector agrees to waive all claims against the debtor named herein and pay debtor for all costs and attorney fees involved in defending this collection action.

Date_______/_______/_______

Please return this completed form and attach all assignment or other transfer agreements that would establish your right to collect this debt. Your claim cannot be considered if any portion of this form is not completed and returned with the required documents. This is a request for validation made pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. If you do not respond as required by this law, your claim will not be considered and you may be liable for damages for continued collection efforts.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. Tearmup

Tearmup Member

Hi Lbrown69, thanks for your advice. I had gotten the following letter out of the 'sample letters' and I was going to send it. Which one do you think is better?

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing in response to a conversation I had with Ford Motor Company and your employee, Carey on September 10, 2003. Although I have never received a letter from your company, I do not believe that I owe what you claim I owe, and I request that you please do the following:

1) Tell me what this money that you say I owe is for.
    2) Show me how you calculated what you say I owe.
    3) Give me copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe.
    4) Show me that your company is licensed in my state, and give me your license number.

I demand that you also send a copy of this dispute to Ford Motor so that they can tell the credit reporting companies that I am disputing this debt.

5. lbrown59

Re: Re: Ford Motor Dispute- Now What?

This is for an OC:
    Like i said before leave Ford out of this for now and only deal with the CA.
    The letter I recommend is for the CA so send it.

6. Tearmup

Tearmup Member

lbrown 69 or anyone, please respond

I sent the letter to the CA and have not gotten any response. It has been 45 days. What should be my next step?

Thank you all.

7. NervousNuB

NervousNuB Well-Known Member

lbrown 69 or anyone, please respond

<bump> ...and.. why don't we put our actual signature on the letters to the OC's? I've already screwed this up... :-(

8. lbrown59

Re: lbrown 69 or anyone, please respond

To prevent forgery of your signature on something you didn't sign.

9. NervousNuB

NervousNuB Well-Known Member

Re: Re: lbrown 69 or anyone, please respond

Yikes! Is this common practice??

Thank you LBrown59, for your answer! I do appreciate it!

10. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: lbrown 69 or anyone, please respond

iT COULD HAPPEN
    Ya can't trust a CA.

11. lbrown59

Re: lbrown 69 or anyone, please respond

I sent the letter to the CA and have not gotten any response. It has been 45 days. What should be my next step?

Thank you all.Tearmup
    =======================
    Estoppel 15days later ITS.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''