foreign judgments

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bumpy9000, Aug 19, 2003.

1. bumpy9000

bumpy9000 Member

I am in the process of looking through a couple of judgments. The state I live in has the judgments on file at the county courthouse. But, as I looked at my CR yesterday, I see a couple judgments from an adjoinging state in their local courthouse. I called to see what these were. The Clerk of Court in the adjoining state says "these are foreign judgments. They are originally filed in your state and they got a foreign judgment here." I asked why. She said I must have lived in this state when the judgments became due. Addresses from that state do not show on any of my CR. I said I never got copies of any of these and didn't even know they happened. She said, "We sent you copies." I said, "what address did you have?" She said, "oh, we don't have that." Is there anything I can do to get these removed. They are originally filed in my state and are copies in a different state. One even has conflicting amounts from the original in my state. Sorry, so long, but need help

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

"We sent you copies." I said, "What address did you have?" She said, "Oh, we don't have that,"
    bumpy9000
    -------------------------
    They sent you copies to your address which they never had!
    Makes perfect sense right?
    Click here: Financial thugs favorite tricks

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/advice/20030620a1.asp

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

""""```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Ok, stupid address remarks aside...

In TX, I can conceivably file an abstract of judgment in any county I believe that the person that owes me money might have property - as long as I am willing to pay a fee.

It sounds like something similar happened here.

BTW - the IRS filed liens on DH in CO (where the taxes were incurred), and TX (where he moved sometime during that epic.).