Found Account Number...now what??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jond911, Dec 11, 2002.

1. jond911

jond911 Well-Known Member

Good morning...

I recently posted in regards to a dispute I sent to Experian where they responded by saying that the account was "NOT FOUND".... due to my lack of knowledge of the correct account numbers garnered from one of the infamous "3 in 1" reports.

In the last few days I've managed to find this account number. Turns out this is my spouses account which has a few 30,60,90 day lates. The account is closed. Status: Closed/Past due 90
    days. It is showing up on my report as "Not Responsible". My spouse is still paying off this account and gets paper statements every month. I have this months statement which shows a balance of under 300 bucks however, on my CRA report it shows last payment: 6/2000 $1,100.

Sorry for the length here.... Some suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Should I go after the OC with Debt Validation and Creditor disclosure statement or should I waste some more of Experians time?

Thanks in advance!

JD

2. robin

robin Well-Known Member

I would dispute first with no knowledge of account. If it comes back verified I would dispute last payment. I would not try to go after the OC for validation as they are not required to give it.

3. tnobles

tnobles Well-Known Member

Exp gives an option if spouses acct. on their on-line dispute.