Found an error on CR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Aug 21, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I ordered my report from qspace for equifax. It is reported that I have 2 accounts for ARIA with 4k balances, so of course this is incorrect and it makes my total account balance look dreadful. Hmmm now wondering about my score?? Well of course they are closed now, but I will be right on the phone tomorrow morning. How easy will this be to resolve?? I also didn't like the fact that they didn't list what kind of inquiry it was for each bank. But you will be happy to know that I only had ONE inquiry in the last 6 months, are you all so proud:) I am being a good girl for a change.

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I think you should dispute this error with Equifax. I have actually found them easy to work with. I'm sure you won't have any problems clearing this up. I had a problem similar to this with Providian. When I received my upgrade to my gold card, they changed my account number. My credit reports showed that I had two accounts. One was a pretty high balance & the other was pretty low. The low one was correct. I called & disputed this with the CRA's & this was corrected on all reports very quickly.
    BTW, we ARE very proud of you regarding your inquiries. Hang in there, BELIEVE ME, I know it's tough to resist. I'm trying to wait for approx. 5 mths before I apply for new credit. I will have no more negatives on any of my reports save for one 30 day late from 5 years which should not be an issue with many creditors. :)

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks, yes i have resisted temtation. You bring up a good point, Aria recently gave me a new card, same account just different number. I am sure this is why. I just want this off, because it makes my total debt look so high.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Dispute only the reported balance of the old account. If successful, this would leave it as a positive and long lasting tradeline in your report.

Saar

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

This is very true Saar. I disputed the balance on the old account. It was changed to a zero balance & noted that the account had be something like "sold" or "reassigned". The old account is still listed as a positive account.

6. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

If you try to dispute the 5 year old "Was 30", I bet you will probably be able to have it taken off, especially if it's on a closed account. It's unlikely that they are keeping records on line for that long that can be easily verified.

When you do dispute it, insist in the dispute letter that they provide the name and contact information of whomever the contacted to 'verify' the information.

It's likely that they will just take it off as 'unable to verify' as the CRA will likely not even want to be bothered with verifying a five year old R2, Was 30.

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Actually it is an open account & I did just what you suggested. I even wrote a letter to the company, but to no avail. It was verified. I did however dispute other 30 day lates & had approx. 5 or 6 removed! Due to that success, I can't complain about the one that is left. Thanks for your suggestion! :)