Found our house

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, May 16, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well we finally found a house we liked and can afford and it seems to be in perfect condition for FHA, 3 bedroom ranch with a nice yard and beautiful views, first project for hubby is learn how to build a deck, also my oldest son will remain in same school district and he is very happy about that.

Well "DOG" is was house number 6, so you lost the bet LOL.

The lender has ordered the FHA, should do this in about 2 weeks, the underwriter and closer have all our paperwork and if all goes well with that and inspection we are looking at closing on June 29, always try to close end of the month avoid tax and interest:)

So far everything has gone smoothly with mortgage, they have all the paperwork they need for the moment, I am sure I will have to fax other things , but for now they have it all.

I was afraid that since the rates jumped up on Friday that this may happen again, I know they cut rates yesterday but that doesn't effect the mortgage rates, so I took a chance and locked in today at 7.25, if they drop more I will scream LOL.

So just thought I would let you guys know what's happening.

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

GREAT JOB MOM.

I KNOW THAT THIS HAS BEEN AN ADVENTURE.

GOOD LUCK. AND ENJOY YOUR HAPPY NEW HOME.

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

for mom!! that is wonderful!
    I am so happy for ya! Lookin' forward to pictures!

AnnMarie

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Mom,

Usually, once I get home from work, I don't turn the computer on. But, for some reason, this evening, I did. And I'm glad.

What terrific news! I'm so glad the house search is finally over How exciting. Your dream of becoming a home-owner is about to come true.

Lots of luck and keep us posted.

Donna

5. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I am so happy for you and your family!!! Good luck and have fun decorating!!!

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that you found a house! This is the best new and I'm sure your kids are going to be so excited!!! Don't forget to put of a nice basketball hoop somewhere.

I, on the other hand, continue to raise my boys in this little itty bitty 2 bedroom card board box (oh....this is an apartment? Oh....my bad! Could of swarn...).

Best wishes and good luck w/ your money bit.....I mean house! ;-D

7. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Congratulations MOMOF3

I knew you would find a house. There are sooo many out there in VA. Oh how I wish I could move there. Oh well! Have fun decorating and stuff.

I'm with you MP$40 I guess I'll have to stay in my cubby hole with my 2 for another darn year!

;o)

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Congratulations MOMOF3

You Go Girl!

hush-hush to pops though!

smoochies,

9. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

GREAT NEWS....

Happy Dance for you guys....!!!!!

MartysGirl

10. miles

miles Well-Known Member

That's awesome!! I am soooo happy for you!!! Good luck. Don't spend too much at one time decorating that pad. ;-D

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

MOM - IT SOUNDS GREAT!!!

#6 huh - you can see why I do not play roulette too often.

Sounds wonderful MOM. Sounds IDEAL for the family and I bet it will bring you all very close putting in the deck, etc.

One year ago Mom, you hoped and visulaized a HOME this year. You're blessed - the guy upstairs
    always makes it right :)

c ya dog

12. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

All those things sound excellent! Especially the same school thing...that is great. Congratulations, best of luck Mom!

-Dave

13. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Great News, MOM!!!

Do us a favor, don't max out the Target card when you are furnishing. lol. There's alot of good clearance stuff right now, so be sure to look on those endcaps! hehe

Have a great time furnishing and living in your new home.

Best of luck to you and yours!!!

14. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Congrats Mom

I knew you'd find one!

Kelly

15. 7thof7

7thof7 Member

Congratulations!!

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks

Thank you all for the kinds words:) I will keep you posted on all these last few details. Thanks again, "most" people on this board are very kind and supportive and I appreciate it.

Mom

17. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks

Hey Momof3!!

That is wonderful news. You know what? After I closed, I received a letter from FHA stating that if I wanted to refinance for a lower rate, they had a streamlined process. No closing costs, no income verification, no credit checks, etc. I know...it sounds to good to be true, but a coworker got the same notice a few weeks after I did. If the rates do go down after you close, according to them, all you have to do is find an fha lender and they will handle the necessary paperwork. I guess this is the government's way of making sure it's borrowers don't pay more than the conventional borrower will.

Congratulations, again. and GOD BLESS!!!!!

18. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hi Mom. Congrats. I knew sooner or later you'd find the perfect house. All that worrying for nothing.LOL. Best of luck to you and your family and have fun with it!

19. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Momof3!

20. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Hi Mom!!,

Newcomer is right. FHA loans can use "streamline" to lower the interest rate. If the feds drop it again, you are in luck!