Free Equifax Report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by RichGuy, Feb 6, 2001.

1. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I checked my mail yesterday afternoon, and there it was. I had won a free Equifax report, courtesy of Juniper Bank.

2. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Richguy-

Didn't you apply for a Juniper card and are still waiting to hear results?

I think I remember reading your post about that, if so I am in the same boat.

Will keep you posted on my progress :)

chet

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it have been great it the letter said you won a "Perfect" credit report? ....Just dreamin...

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Actually, those were the results. I get a free Equifax report because my application for credit was declined.

Equifax is my best report, but a couple of derogatory items are only four years old.
    That came up on the rejection letter, of course. Also, length of time accounts have been established, ratio of balances to available credit, and number of accounts paid as agreed.

I have speculated about that last item, and I guess it could mean that they want to see some closed accounts, or else that they calculate a ratio of good to bad accounts. If the latter, then that ratio has to be 90 to 100 percent.

Number of accounts paid as agreed could NOT mean number of satisfactory accounts, because I have close to ten on each report. I really think it's a ratio, designed to count derogatory items twice when calculating your credit score.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

That would be quite a dream. I actually want that to happen someday, but right now it looks like at least a year before that happens. Everything drops off in less than 3 years now.

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry, I thought it was a perk for being a good customer. DUH!!!!

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

That's okay, I was trying to be funny as well as mysterious. You did get me thinking some more about perfect credit reports, which is a good thing.

8. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

It would suit me just fine if I never had to deal with another Experian, Equifax or TU ever again. You would not believe the people I've run into lately that have NEVER seen a copy of thier credit report. Never had a reason to. Wish I was one of them. Soon I hope!!!

9. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

Your free Equifax report was courtesy of Equifax, not Juniper. You're entitled to a free copy of any report that's used in conjunction with an inquiry used when applying for credit if you are declined, regardless of credit reporting agency used.