Free Experian report promotion

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Darrell, Jan 2, 2001.

1. Darrell

Darrell Guest

ICredit is offering a free online credit report to promote Credit Awareness Month. I just got mine online. It came from Experian.

You do NOT need to sign up for a service to get the report. You DO need a credit card so they can verify your info. You also have to give them your email address on the sign-in page.

Hey, I saved myself $7.50 this month.

Here is the URL:

http://www.iplace.com/default.asp?feature=creditreport

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I couldn't verify

Darn, I put everything exactly as it appears and they said they couldn't verify information???

3. Darrell

Darrell Guest

RE: I couldn't verify

Mom: They couldn't verify my info at first because my former address apparently wasn't entered properly. So, I gave them the first six digits of a second credit card. It worked immediately.

Maybe try a second CC number on them.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I did give second number, hmmm they are supposed to email me shortly, we know how long shortly can take LOL. Anyway how did you find out about this site ???

5. Darrell

Darrell Guest

RE: Free Experian report promo

Mom: I followed a link below -- "Fight credit card debt, experts say." PBM posted the link, and I clicked on the story. At the end of the story, I clicked on a link about National Credit Awareness Month and found out about the free credit report.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

nice find

Now if I only could get it to work:(

7. katrina

katrina Guest

does anyone know if this is a "hard" or soft inquiry?

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

RE: nice find

Q-SPACE AND IPLACE I beleive are tied in somehow. When I applied for all three credit reports from Q-Space about a year ago, Iplace showed as the Inquiry.

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Soft on your own report.

10. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member

On the iplace 'about us' page, it says they aquired Q-space in April. They also own ConsumerInfo.com and Freecreditreport.com.

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Thank you, didn't go to their website yet.

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

I put my number and street on same line. I received this couldn't verify either. Then changed one space for number and the other with street name. No Problem.

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I got it

For some reason they didn't take my Aria account number?? same with hubby's too I just put another card in and I got. And I am happy to say the this Experian report does have HIS citi limits, they haven't corrected mine yet:)