free mastercard debit card fro

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Jan 19, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Not exactly a checking account, But they are offering free (or nearly free) mastercard debit cards for access to your paypal money.

Great for moving money to folks, or if you have a checking account, you can tie this into it.

Just an fyi.

2. John S

John S Guest

RE: free mastercard debit card

Yea, but you can't apply for it -- you must be selected by PayPal at their own initiative.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Hmm. wierd. I must not have read that part :)

Im sure they'll give it to everyone whose verified :)

I've spent thousands and sold thousands through there :)

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I received the same email too.

Weird. I always transfer my balance outta there as soon as I receive it. And I'm only a personal account holder.

However, I am verified, so that's probably why I received the offer.

Kelly

5. John S

John S Guest

I'm verified, but haven't seen any offer. No matter, I don't need their debit card.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Yet another way to cash advance w/o paying any fees or unusual interest. Plus, as opposed to moving money the forbidden way (Credit Card > PayPal > Checking), this one complies w/ their policy.

Just use it as a cash advance, balance transfer WITH grace period, or EARN INTEREST by making an initial deposit to a CompuBank savings account:
    http://www.compubank.com/cbe_appl.htm?AFFINITY=10040117

Compubank will also add a $20 bonus of their own.

Saar

7. William Wa

William Wa Guest

This offer by Paypal is being done to motivate their higher dollar users into leaving money into their account more than they do now. With the interest rate, and now the easy accessibility to the funds, they think that people will be more likely to maintain a balance, which means, of course, more profit for them.

I'll take it, because there may be a time when I need the funds in my Paypal account faster than I would get them if I transfered them out to my Compubank account.

8. Saar

Saar Banned

Why? You get a CompuBank ATM card for easy withdrawal. Moving the money from the Savings to the Checking takes, what, 0.1 second?

Saar

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

You obviously don't sell anything on the net or ebay :) paypal is the preferred choice of payment.

It takes 4-5 business days for ACH draft deposits.

10. Saar

Saar Banned

You obviously don't use CompuBank... Moving money from a Savings to a Checking account there took a split second for me. You just hit the button and the transfer is done. The reason it's so quick is because both accounts are within the same bank.

This isn't about using PayPal to pay on the net; You don't need their debit card to do that.

Saar

11. William Wa

William Wa Guest

You clearly don't understand.

I accept Paypal payments as a feature of my company's internet services. They account for about 8-10% of the transactions on one of my most popular services normally.

Sometimes, especially for a large transaction, which is admittedly rare, it would be very beneficial to have immediate access to the funds in the Paypal account rather than waiting nearly a week for them to show up in my checking account.

Perhaps you understand a little better now?