Freedom Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by once38, Jul 4, 2001.

1. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

This card is offered by Columbus Bank and Trust
    that does aspire and juniper not Cross Country Bank
    as originally posted by others a few days ago.Their
    phone application consists of getting your name,SS#
    and address/phone.They dont ask where you work,if you work or household income.They tell you right then if you are approved or declined and have limits
    of $300 to $10000. Phone number 877 291 3794.I am not affiliated in any way.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

They may have switched affiliations. They originally were offering this card through CCB. They sent me an application when they first came out.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Thanks Saar, it's good to know I'm not losing my mind.

5. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

This is Freedom Card USA.com and it is definitely
    CB&T.Just call 877 291 3794

6. Nia

Nia Well-Known Member

Is this a good card to apply for? I'm confused on the postings. I guess because I'm new with all the different names and associations.

Thanks
    Nia

7. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Nia,in a word-NO!!!

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

No. Never apply for anything associated with Cross Country Bank. There are better ways to build or re-build credit.

Please do a search on the web and on this message board for Cross Country Bank, and you will see the reputation of this "bank" and how it has screwed many people over many times.

It burns me up that this trash is targeted toward people of color.

9. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Cuuriosity got the better of me so I decided to call the toll-free number and ask. Immediately, the rep went into application mode and I had a hard time getting her to slow down long enough to answer questions.

According to the rep I spoke with, the issuing bank for the Freedom Card is Columbus Bank & Trust. There is no affiliation with Cross Country.

As to whether or not there are fees involved, the rep told me it depends on your credit.

I didn't like the sound of that. When I apply for a creditcard, I want to know what the terms are upfront.

No doubt, this is a sub prime card. Columbus Bank & Trust issues the Aspire card and we've all read about the lousy terms accompanying that.

My advice is to stay away!

Donna

10. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Donna. Thanks, my mistake on the issuer, Even still, as you said, I'd run from Columbus Bank and Trust. Aspire really abused my Dad and he has (probably) a 750+ credit score.