Freeze- Help with Sears???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by OtherTerri, Oct 26, 2001.

1. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

Freeze,
    Ok, I was playing around and figured out how to check your posts, 5 of 7 are about Sears, so I guess you do work there!

Maybe you can answer a question for me - If my account is 9 months old, my payment record with Sears is perfect, always paying the minimum or more, once almost paid off, BUT the cr they pull is not great, will I qualify for a cl increase?

Is is based on my Sears credit score, or my cra score?

I read that anyone who charges at least $ 600 per year with Sears is considered to be a "better" customer and is supposed to receive the best treatment, is this true?

I was told by a supervisor that my "Sears credit score is higher than my cra score.""He also told me that debt to limit ratios did not hurt credit scores.

Sorry if I offended you with my comments earlier, but believe me, everything I said is true. One of the supervisors I spoke with knew pretty much nothing about credit, or how scoring works!! It was unbelievable.

I'm sure it was some of your coworkers who have made me so angry, not you. I know you know about credit if you read this board...

2. freeze

freeze Active Member

Sorry, you'll need to call Sears and ask to speak with somebody there. Call 1-800-917-7700 and ask to speak with somebody about why you could not have your credit line increased. They should be able to get your to the department that can answer your questions.

3. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I closed my perffered account with a Cl of $2,200 about 5 months ago. Would they re open it?

4. ble103

ble103 Well-Known Member

I think this CSR at sears or whoever you talked to is giving you some false information on some of the information you have posted here.Why it may be true that you may score alittle more with sears with their internal scoring system but however when he said the your debt to income dosn't effect your scores with them think again,sears is a department store card they charge very high interest rates if a person carries a balance.I am sure a person fico would be effected by outstanding debt on a person's credit report.As far with spending $600.00 they will treat you better wrong!Sears is looking for big balances on their card accounts if a person is profitable too them,and this person pays more then the minimum due sure they will increase a person's credit line hoping to make just that much more money on a person account.Sears is trying to screw a person out of low interest rates with other lenders by lying to you on your debt to income ratio with them,don't fall for it.

5. OtherTerri

I brought up the debt to limit ratio with the csr (actually, a supervisor). He told me I was wrong! The guy has no clue about credit! He was incredibly frustrating! All the csr's I have spoken with at Sears and Sears National Bank talk in circles and will not answer questions. A home office employee admitted to me that they were trained to treat customers this way.

I listed them as my worst company to deal with in the thread "best/worst" poll, that is where Freeze responded to me in an effort to defend Sears and discredit me.When I realized that Freeze posts mostly about Sears, I was hoping he/she would answer my question so I would not have to waste my time calling Sears again.

Sears reps are definitely rude, ill informed, and difficult. My issues with them are still not resolved, and they never will be because they do not care. After speaking with several employees and supervisors, then the home office, someone finally said "sorry." They did nothing to make up for their mistakes.

6. OtherTerri

Also, I read the info about the $600 yearly charge amount putting customers into the "better" category in Reader's Digest a few months back.