Freezing recording of deed/title

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dustin, Oct 15, 2001.

  1. Dustin

    Dustin Well-Known Member

    Is it possible to "freeze" a title, in other words: make it so that someone cannot record a deed for a plot of land.

    The land is owned 50% by my parents, and 50% by a friend (that we helped out). About 10 years ago, they claimed to have needed it in 100% interest in their name to do improvements, refinance a different home, etc. So, my parents signed a quit claim deed, giving them 100% interest. However, they did not file this deed, even of today. The VERBAL agreement of $12,000 cash, they keep current on property taxes, and that they would keep the place clean was broken. No cash, 3 years behind in taxes (in Feb. the state would have taken ownership, but I paid the back taxes), and I have had to clean the land to save a large amount of fines for illegal dumping.

    To keep the "friendship", my parents do not want to sue, and don't really have much legal grounds, since it was a verbal agreement.

    So, we want to make it so that the quit claim deed cannot be filed, until an agreement in writing has been reached, or the land is sold 100% back to my parents.

    Kinda involved, but at this point, all I need to find out is if there is a way to make it so that they cannot record the quit claim deed at the County Recorders...



Share This Page