Friday Mail Call

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newstdt, Sep 28, 2001.

1. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

Well, got results from Experian. I got a full report back, husband just got changes back, not full report. Why the heck aren't they consistant?

FUSA still has their 120+ on there, even though they changed the amount to zero and indicated Discharged in Bankruptcy. They also threw in "Closed at Credit Grantors Request". Well, DUH!

No other creditor did that! Jerks! What gets me with them is we called in January before our payment was due and explained our situation and that we needed to work something out. They said "sure, we can get your payment down to XX amount, we'll send out the paperwork in 7 days. Well, that time goes by and we get nothing, so we call after giving them one more week just to be sure. This time they say, "oh, that payment plan wasn't approved so we're not going to be able to work with you". Never contacted us to let us know, etc. Shortly after that we decided to file, (march). And they now report me as 120 days late. DOUBLE DIP JERKS!!!

Discover updated and still has listed "Petition for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy/Account Charged Off." I guess now I have to write to them and get them to change that. Shouldn't it read like all the rest of the reportings??

Why is it their missions to screw around with people's reports and stuff. It just seems like they prey on your inability to do anything about it as the "little guy"!

Sorry to vent again. I just am beginning to think I don't have the stamina for this, may need to talk to Bill.

Newstdt

Feelin the effects of "after credit dispute shock"

2. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad. FUSA is screwing with my Experian as well. I filed in 8/00, discharged in 11/00. Have a letter from FUSA in 9/00 saying they acknowledge my intent to file BK. On my Experian they are showing 180 late as of 2/01 and a petition filed 2/28/01. I wrote to them via PFB in July and the response I received was we will look into it, but it will take at least 60 days to see the update. Followed up with a certified letter to their CDV team (whatever that is) in late July. Heard nothing, seen no change, so I wrote a demand or you will be sued letter following my attorney's advice at the beginning of this month. So we will see.

Also Household is screwing with me royally. The are showing four accounts I had with their retail services division as Chapter 13 instead of 7 on all three bureaus. I get my Equifax back earlier this week and one of the accounts has been changed to charged off. WRONG! So I mailed a demand letter to the office that supposedly verified this info. Yesterday, I received a response to my first letter saying their billing dept. will investigate. What is there to investigate, I sent them copies of the court documents! Remember a charge off is not the same as an account discharged through Chapter 7 BK.

For the most part, yes all your accounts should look the same. They should all state Discharged or Included in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, should have zero balances, and should not be rated. You are better off going through the original creditor after the account is verified.

Let us know if Bill is any help as your accounts are discharged BK accounts rather than collection accounts. It is best to nip this in the butt before these screwy creditors make things worse by saying the account is a charge off and then send it to a collection agency. I really think the creditors put whatever they feel because they figure you're stuck for 7-10 years and probably aren't even checking your reports.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

nothing.. <sniff> mail man must have taken the day off.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I got a free sample I signed up for, and Mom got her Cap One renewal on the "toy" credit card. I am writing a nice letter for her to send telling them she doesn't need it anymore, please close the account, even though they raised her credit limit to............................ tada!!!! $400!!!!!!!!!!!!

She also got a nice preapproval for AT&T Universal Platinum (helloooo......Capital One.........????) Zero % on BT's until July 2002, go to is 12.99%. But she doesn't need it. She does need a retail card. I was thinking Hecht's, cause she shops there. Anybody got the 411 on a Hecht's card?

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Is that why you were so grouchy in the other thread, sam?

6. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

No new bills today! Just junkmail.

That's the way to start the weekend.

7. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

Finally got the Citi cards with my picture on them!

Odd, I've had this account for less than a month, and I already had 3 separate cards for it (AA silver, platinum, platinum with picture). Hope citi won't hold that against me next time I need my APR lowered :)

-Roman

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

So that creditors and Insurers can use the rpp-off FICO to fleece you!

9. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Breeze...

Hecht's is owned by May National Bank,listed as a CHARGE card(ouch),& does not report limits on ANY credit bureau(even if you raise HELL).

BTW....credit limit determined EVERY month depending on your current CRA report(in Texas,uses Transunion.

Sister Girl

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I got an offer for the Miles One Platinum. A prime card. Only problem is it wasn't addressed to me. LOL