Friggin verified

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Mar 30, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

Why would a company who i settled with (cap 1) continually validate the status & lates that happen on this account that was closed last year. Why do they care? I am trying to get this one off and I settled with a collection agency (YIKES) and the account is listed as settled with a few lates. Why do they have to be a pain and validate this? Whats in it for them to respond to CRA?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They may not have really verified...
    JUST SAID THEY DID...

:(

3. geekpipe

how do i know if they really did? I called one of the 2 credit card companies i disputed and they told me they got my dispute and verified it.

WHo has a letter to dispute lates? Or to require that they validate & verify the information?

What is my next move?

4. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

George is right. My car loan was listed as one time 30 days late and it has never been late. It has taken me 6 months of going back and forth between TU and the finance company to get a local branch of TransUnion to remove it. Equifax and Experian have it right.

When I called to complain, the woman said "you're right, it was verified as NEVER late". I had to threaten legal action to get them to remove it. They kept telling me it was in "maintenance".

5. geekpipe

The CRA told me it was verified. I did not get the hard copy yet so i do not know the details. I know it was not deleted. SO what do I do now? Try to write to cc company and ask them to delete the account? Keep disputing>? Why would they want to validate this with the CRA's?

6. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

It's a shame you didn't get it in writing to have it deleted upon payment. That's another important lesson I've learned here. I see you have a lot to learn, just as I do.

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Friggin verified
    Author: GEORGE (---.ftclns1.co.home.com)
    Date: 03-30-01 13:34

They may not have really verified...
    JUST SAID THEY DID...

=========================================================
    :(
    They no doubt do that all the time

Reply To Message