From AU to Primary?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CCMax, Feb 5, 2001.

1. CCMax

CCMax Guest

Is this ever done? A couple years ago, my grandmother got me an Annie Sez card (she did it totally for me as she had no use for their merchandise.) The bill has always come to me, and I have always been the one to pay it. My grandmother has since passed away. I'd like to know what I should do about the account. Can I become the primary account holder and have it reported on my CRs? I'm not particularly anxious about it, as I am pregnant and won't be shopping there for a while but I don't have any store credit being reported. Since I have been maintaining the account, what can I do?

CC

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Since your grandmother is gone, they will do one of two things...close the account and ask you to "apply" for your own account, or they will make you "PRIMARY"...

JUST CALL OR WRITE.

3. Laura

Laura Guest

This situation happened with my Mother-in-law recently and her mother's Discover card. Her mother was from the "old school" where she paid cash for everything and if you didn't have the money, you didn't need it. However she got a Discover Card for my in-laws in the 80's because their house burned and they needed new appliances etc. They paid the card all these yrs blah blah. Anyways, they were listed as AU. So recently my MIL decided she better check into before she got in trouble for fraud or something and they conveniently made her the primary card holder and even increased the limit for her. So call them.......go for it.