From "good" to "excellent": how?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kynn, Oct 3, 2003.

1. kynn

kynn New Member

My credit score has been pretty good for the past few years (good enough to get me a mortgage, for instance), I still get denied credit (e.g. by the better credit cards) quite often. I've made a conscious effort to improve it, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Are there professionals out there specializing on advising clients on how to achieve a score of "excellent"? How about books? I've seen several books on "repairing" one's credit record, but they all focus on improving a bad score (which may or may not be relatively easy, I don't know), not on attaining an excellent score starting from an already good score.

Thanks!

Kynn

2. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

First step is to get a tri-merge credit report. there is onviously something in there that you don't know about taht's causing these rejections.

3. nickpaige

nickpaige Well-Known Member

When you are denied, the creditors usually send a letter indicating why you were denied. What has the reason been? Perhaps it's not all score related. You might have a reasonably high score but too many inqs, too much utlization, too short a history etc...

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I get DENIED ALL THE TIME...no baddies ever

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: From "good" to "excellent": how?

What would happen to you if you ever had a baddie???

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: From "good" to "excellent": how?

I WON'T!!!!!!

But maybe I might just make it to those 800's (IF I DID)

I TOOK A BIG DUMP WHEN I PAID OFF $30,000 IN ONE MONTH AND CAN'T EVER GET IT BACK...

I "THINK" MY WIFE WOULD KILL ME IF I TRIED!!!

7. kynn

kynn New Member

How would getting a tri-merge report be more helpful than getting reports from the individual agencies? What exactly is a tri-merge report? Where can I get one, and how much does it cost?

Thanks!

Kynn

8. 420greg

420greg Well-Known Member

Privacy Guard. You can pull a tri-merge everyday for the next 90 days.

It cost $1.

9. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

It isn't more helpful, it's just quicker to get and easier to use.