From which agency ?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by samira1973, Mar 27, 2015.

1. samira1973

samira1973 Well-Known Member

Do you think will be a good idea to send a copy of a settlement offer that the collection send me with my dispute letter about Obsolete; incorrect information about the collection account the reason why I am thinking about sending the settlement letter copy because it has this words on it and this what it said : Because of the age of your debt , we will not sue you for it. If you don't pay the debt, we may continue to report it to the Credit Reporting Agencies as UNPAID.

I am thinking my be if the see that the collection saying that the debt it past the age my be they will have a proof and remove it especially if the OC not reporting any more .

What do you think about this please ?

2. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

You already have your answer.

The debt is beyond your states SOL. Therefore they won't waste their time suing you.

However, the debt is not beyond the 7.5 years a negative account may report.

The OC account dropped early from what I recall of your DOFD. Just because the OC account disappeared early does not mean the CA account must.

Writing a letter to the CA telling them "the OC is no longer reporting, therefore you need to stop reporting" won't cut it.

3. samira1973

Well, so you don't think disputing the collection account with Credit Bureaus will remove the the collection account ? What us I can do to remove this collection account ?
    Thanks

4. mindcrime

Based on your argument,

no.

5. samira1973

What does "account closed at grantor's request" mean? and Other and those it hurt my credit ?

I have account on my credit report that it saying account closed by credit Grantor last payment 07/2008 the account never ben late and $ 0 balance.

Another account closed by credit Grantor $ 0 balance and last payment 12/2001 ?

Another account saying transfer or sold, charge: $ 0 balance last payment 08/2013 opened 2006 ?

Thanks

6. mindcrime

"account closed at grantor's request" means the creditor closed the account.

On the flip side;

"account closed at consumer's request" means the consumer/you closed the account

It does not hurt your credit to have the former.

As long as the accounts are positive, leave them be.

The last one sounds like a possible charge-off.

7. samira1973

I never had a credit card that was sold or charge off so is this mean they reported incorrectly and I need to dispute it. I am thinking the account was just closed by Grantor I never was late or missed a payment it saying 0 Balance no past due and paid as agreed,but it saying the account sold , transferred, or charge Do you think it did hurt my credit score by saying the account sold , transferred, or charge and if I dispute it will be benefit to my score ?

My other question if a account reported incorrectly like the that I opened the account or it dosen't show the last payment delinquent on it . When I dispute it do I dispute it as this account not mine or do I dispute it as reported incorrectly ?
    Which way will be successful dispute if I want that account to be removed ?
    Thanks
    Thanks

8. mindcrime

Is it listed under the Potentially Negative Accounts, section?

If it is, then yes, it's an adverse factor.

9. samira1973

No, I don't it listed under the Potentially Negative Account.

Please help with question about the correct address after I ordered my credit report and I want to mail my dispute to which address FOR Equifax ?

I am trying to mail my dispute ,but on Equifax report they mailed me it saying please mail your dispute to this address :

Equifax Information Services LLC
    Www.Equifax.com/fcra
    Atlanta,GA 30348

I don't understand why there is no PO BOX Number included? I called the number on the report and the awnsering machine saying you can mail your dispute to this address :

Equifax Information LLC
    PO Box 105561
    Atlanta,GA 30348

Why they don't have PO BOX Number on the report to mail my dispute too and what address I need to mail it too?

Thanks

10. mindcrime

Any accounts that fall under Good Standing, I would leave alone. If it is closed, and you dispute it for any reason, you risking losing the TL.

Equifax (and TU and TX) have multiple PO Boxes.

From their website:

https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33/~/dispute-errors-on-your-credit-file-by-mail

You will see yet another PO box for disputes. I have not sent anything through mail to them in a long time and no longer recall the address I used. I suppose any that indicate they are valid for a dispute would work.