FTC: credit inquiry 2001 project

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Remember the bureaus' refusal to investigate inquiries? (How can we forget...)

Why don't each and every one of us file an online FTC complaint against TransUnion. Now that even Experian allows disputing inquiries, it shouldn't require a long battle to force Trans Union to do the same!

If FTC gets 100 additional complaints about it within a 3 days period, they're bound to do something about it. Again, I believe we're already very close to a change in TransUnion's policy.

Please, each and every Reg, poster, lurker: Do a small thing for your credit. It's as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Go to https://rn.ftc.gov/dod/wsolcq$.startup

2. Select "credit reports" (from the pull-down menu) as the subject of your complaint

3. Complain about TransUnion's (or Equifax's) refusal to let you dispute credit inquiries. Specifically, you may want to say that by law, they must let you dispute the fact that an inquiry was made for a "permissible purpose", since this type of inquiries has a major negative effect on your personal credit rating.

I'll be the first; Who next? Please also post here, so that we know how many of us are out there.

Battle stations, everyone! First, we take Manhattan; Then we take Berlin...

Saar

2. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Saar, could you please tell me where online I can dispute inquiries with Experian? I'm assuming it's on their website yet I can't seen to find it. PLEASE HELP!

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: FTC: credit inquiry 2001 projec

fingrrrl:

P-l-e-a-s-e keep it on-topic - We'd be delighted to help you on another thread.

Saar

4. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

I'm headed there right now

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

heading there right now.

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Will do!

7. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Count me in-I'm there!

8. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

You know I'll be there !!!

9. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Engaging

10. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

I filed 2 complaints, one on TU and another on Equifax for failure to remove unathorized inquiries. I even quoted Glenn Kings statement.

Maybe this will do some good.

11. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

What is Glenn King's statement?

12. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

"Trans Union refuses to let me dispute inquiries on my consumer credit report. I was under the impression that the FCRA allows a consumer to dispute any inaccurate information, and inquiries done without my permission are certainly inaccurate. What I propose is that the consumer Credit Reporting Agencies be fined for each consumer that was not permitted to dispute any and all inaccurate information contained in their credit report. This includes outdated addresses, inquiries, spelling errors in a name, etc. Thank you for your time."

13. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

Boy! I,ve been out of the loop on this one. Pop in and out alot . Not sure if Im understanding this. TU is refusing to let some dispute credit inquiires. Hired Junum to clean up some remainder stuff in April that I was having no luck with they have removed 8 inquires since from TU alone and 2 from Experian.Not sure if it has to do with location of where I live but everything they dispute from TU seems to come off.

14. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks - moving back on-topic now. Let's not forget the cause!

Everyone, please keep this going. The FTC complaints are beginning to add up. Yours could make the difference!

Saar

15. Saar

Saar Banned

[]

16. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

His statement is on that computer generated response Equifax mails out when you dispute inquiries.

17. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Has anybody ever spoken to Glenn King?

18. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I filed a FTC complaint today against Transunion and one for Experian is in the works.

Cyprigirl:)

19. zcraws33

zcraws33 Well-Known Member

count me in, just filed my complaint online...

SUZYQ

20. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I am also including a copy of my complaint in a letter to TU/MA for extra measure.

Cypri:)