Funny CC Story

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, Jun 23, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

In March 1992 a man living in Newton near Boston Massachusetts received a bill for his as yet unused credit card stating that he owed $0.00. He ignored it and threw it away.

In April he received another and threw that one away too. The following month the credit card company sent him a very nasty note stating they were going to cancel his card if he didn't send them $0.00 by return of post. He called them, talked to them, they said it was a computer error and told him they'd take care of it.

The following month he decided that it was about time that he tried out the troublesome credit card figuring that if there were purchases on his account it would put an end to his ridiculous predicament. However, in the first store that he produced his credit card in payment for his purchases he found that his card had been canceled. He called the credit card company who apologized for the computer error once again and said that they would take care of it.

The next day he got a bill for $0.00 stating that payment was now overdue. Assuming that having spoken to the credit card company only the previous day the latest bill was yet another mistake he ignored it, trusting that the company would be as good as their word and sort the problem out.

The next month he got a bill for $0.00 stating that he had 10 days to pay his account or the company would have to take steps to recover the debt.

Finally giving in, he thought he would play the company at their own game and mailed them a check for $0.00. The computer duly processed his account and returned a statement to the effect that he now owed the credit card company nothing at all.

A week later, the man's bank called him asking him what he was doing writing a check for $0.00. After a lengthy explanation the bank replied that the $0.00 check had caused their check processing software to fail. The bank could not now process ANY checks from ANY of their customers that day because the check for $0.00 was causing the computer to crash.

The following month the man received a letter from the credit card company claiming that his check had bounced and that he now owed them $0.00 and unless he sent a check by return of post they would be taking steps to recover the debt.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i call bs on that story

3. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Great story,if true.Here's another true, funny story.

In 1988, I wrote a check for $1000 to pay off my balance.
    When I tried to balance my checking acct at the end of the monthly statement, I couldn't balance.

The reason was at the bottom of the check,where the bank encodes the amount of the check.The scanning software or the or the person entering the information put it in as $10.00, not $1000.

I received credit for the $1000 payment and only $10.00 was ever deducted out of my checking.

After a few days of showing all my friends, I took it into the bank manager.He laughed hysterically,then told me to go home and think about it for 6 or 7 years.At the time I didn't realize what he was trying to say, now I do.

VJ

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I don't know about it being BS..I'm the one who had the problem over 1 cent with insurance...remember? LOL

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I never claimed it was true. I just found it humorous, and I know things like this can and do happen everyday. I recall one day when the ATM kept giving me money that I know I didn't have in my checking account. A week or so later I received a letter from the bank regarding the glitch and stating I needed to pay this "loan" back in a few weeks. Bah! I knew it was too good to be true.

FYI, I ordered a Geforce 2 MX 32MB DDR video card from Ubid for $79 and received a Geforce3 64 MB DDR card ($350-$400 card) instead. Woohoo, thanks to Ubid for the error. LOL.

6. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Great luck for you MikeB.... with Ubid.....!!!

Why don't you share some of your luck I really need some....lol...!!!!

;-)

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'm telling you, I believe it. I've posted the story here before..but I wrote a check for car insurance..when someone at the bank processed it, the bank stamping (or whatever it is called) was for 1 cent less (for instance, if it was $132.25, it was marked $132.24)...but my checking account was debited $132.25. Anyway, insurance cancelled me for the amount..and wouldn't believe me no matter whether I sent them copies of the check, my checking statement showing the debit amount..

so, I believe it..it was ridiculous!

8. clickhere

clickhere New Member

i have good cc for buyer
    i hope long time business with all
    contact me:
    em : sellerprivatevip@gmail.com
    telegram : @linkstrade

9. Toby

Toby New Member

10. Taurus

Taurus New Member

haha, why not, i believe this story, once my old mobile service provider charged me with about 0,02 $ fee for smth I don't remember. I wanted to pay this amount but my bank don't process payments under 1$ and i didn't want to send 1$ to this company (at that moment i was using another one) so i had this huge debt for quite a long time