Funny thing on Direct Merchant

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by greyfox, Feb 15, 2001.

1. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I have posted on my success with PlanetFeedback on getting my Direct Merchants credit line increased....well, this morning I checked my Direct Merchants account to see if my electronic payment had been credited, and lo and behold! they were showing me with my previous balance gone, the full credit line available, and my payment as a credit balance!

If this is the result of a letter to PlanetFeedBack, forgiveness of my total debt, I guess I'll write one on all my accounts, LOL.

Seriously, I'm sure they will catch their mistake, but I think it's funny!

2. Larry

Larry Guest

RE: Funny thing happenned with

I got you beat greyfox!

I called my bank this week to check my checking acct balance, and to my surprise the automated system informed me I had $283 million available. Darn it..., if I only had withdrawn a mere million before it was corrected.

:)

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

283 million

I would've called all my credit cards immediately and told them I'd come into a windfall (albeit temporarily). Told them to verify your checking account and raise your limits... oh, 100K or so... :)

Then I would've pulled an atm balance inquiry and left it out. let your friends see it on the table when they happen to stop by. could've been a LOT of fun!!!

Of course, then they'd all start expecting you to pay for dinner!

4. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

LOL, that does beat my story,

I think I know what may have happened. When I complained at PlanetFeedBack.com, I made three suggestions for them to retain good customers: Increase the line of credit, refund the security deposit, and make it possible to upgrade to one of their other cards without having to pay off the balance on the secured card....MAYBE, they have transfered my balance to an unsecured card, and I will receive my deposit back and a new card in the mail!

I'm already impressed that they have increased my line of credit. If the other two suggestions are acted on, I WILL be impressed. Kudos to PlanetFeedBack and Creditnet com board!

5. Larry

Larry Guest

RE: 283 million

LOL - (Marie, you and I have the same mind frame). I thought about my co-workers seeing an atm slip, specially since we have an atm on site. :)

6. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Funny thing happenned with

Damn! This old bitty would have been living as a rich fugitive on a Carribean island within the hour! ;-)