Furniture credit - DENIED

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I'm a little miffed right now. I went to get some bedroom furniture. It came to $3100.

I should have just waited like I SAID but they had this 12 months same as cash thing. Okay, so the lady gives me the application and I see it's Monogram - hmmm, not good. I applied for a Casual Corner credit card and they told me I had too many accounts! They also pulled TU...not my worse report, but not my best either!

So I go ahead, thinking maybe since it wasn't Monogram but a company of theirs, that they would be more lenient. I'm DENIED.

They have other places but for whatever reason, they are pushing American General Finance Co. So I'm thinking, I don't want a Finance Co. on my CR.

I have some cash coming in that I can just pay for it up front and I think that's what I'm going to do...which was what I SAID I was going to do.

Oh well, another wasted inquiry on TU, no new credit to speak of from them.

I REALLY gotta work on the TU file now.

I'm just venting.

2. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Shantel,

Sorry...

Manny

3. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad,Shantel...

Monogram have gotten really snotty over the last few years(since they have started servicing more & more accounts;I think they will feel it when more people...such as myself.....stop doing any business w/them on any account they handle).

My oldest account is Exxon that I have carried since 1990,but now that I can put my speedpass on AMEX,they will be a memory to me.

The JCPenney thing(see MiamiBlues post dated 7/15)that I had so much difficulty with,I have decided to close my account w/them due to the last of satisfaction with their establishment.

Peace,
    Sister Girl

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST F.Y.I.

MONOGRAM services WAL*MART store credit card...my JULY payment is missing...

ALL OTHER EIGHT PAYMENTS MAILED IN SAME MAIL BOX AT THE SAME EXACT TIME TO OTHER BUSINESSES HAVE BEEN POSTED TO THE ACCOUNTS, AND CLEARED MY CHECKING ACCOUNT!!!

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED, THE FIRST TIME THE PAYMENT WAS MISSING IT SHOWED UP ON THE ACCOUNT TWO WEEKS LATER, BUT BACK DATE TO TWO DAYS AFTER MAILING...LIKE SOMEBODY DATED THE MAIL BUT "LOST" IT, FOR TWO WEEKS???

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

That's good to know George although I'm sorry it happened to you. I pay them electronically every month, so hopefully they can't pull the same trick on me.

Heck I used to never even shop at Walmart, but now I make sure I pick up something there at least once a month so I have some activity on the account.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAVE A 0% RATE THAT I MIGHT LOSE!!!!

When I called on the phone, he said I wouldn't lose it, but he said I need to call back on Monday AM to see if it posted...if not, he recommended I send another payment on Monday PM...

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...he said I wouldn't lose it...

BUT I DIDN'T RECORD THE CALL FOR PROOF...

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

You gonna close JC Penny and I just got mine today

9. MiamiBlues

Bill,

Trust me, your better off without it!

Manny

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have SEARS...wife has JC PENNEYS...

11. MiamiBlues

George,

My wife has both but I wish she had neither!

Manny

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I only use the 10% OFF and 0% days!!!

13. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Why do ;you say that?

We don't spend much at Pennys anyway.Maybe a couple of hundred or so a year max.

How about Target? Just got approved for that one too.
    I might spend another maybe 3 hundred or so a year with them too. Not a lot.

I'm going to be looking towards a Home Depot and a Lowes pretty soon. I'm likely to need it when I go repossess my two houses back from the bank. I'm gonna start that process right after the 1st of August and should easily have the court hearings over with in a month or two or three after that. Maybe we will be moved back into the two houses by Xmas if we are lucky. They are going to need a lot of work, but the bank will be paying for that too and then some.

14. MiamiBlues

Home Depot is a must Bill. As for Penneys, your better off with Macys if you ask me.

Manny

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Sheesh!

You folks cut me down real bad!

I was walkin 10 feet tall out of Pennys and then I went into Target and came out of there walking 20 feet tall.

Now you folks cut me back down to walkin 10 feet tall.
    Sheesh!
    LOL
    I was thinking about Macy's while I was still walkin 20 feet tall, but what about the little problem that I have never been in a Macy's store since I was about 17 years old and was in New York City. I went in just because I had heard so much about them. We don't have a Macy's here in OKC, so I guess I'd have to do it all on line.

Comments?

16. SisterGirl

BBAUER,

Penney's is NOTHING like they used to be(matter of fact,no one is).

I find lots of inflated pricing w/their merchandise,lack of online payment availability,billing discrepancies that are DIFFICULT to resolve w/them,cannot deliver furniture/household items to your home(BIG inconvenience),etc.

Even when you go into the store to make a payment to your account,on the bottom of the receipt it says " your payment is not received until processed thru our bank"....which is clearly BS.

But,please....don't let me ruin your newfound happiness(smile).

Just be careful,

Sister Girl

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SisterGirl
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Even when you go into the store to make a payment to your account,on the bottom of the receipt
    it says " your payment is not received until processed thru our bank"....which is clearly BS.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm assuming that is in case it bounces...

18. SisterGirl

George,

Even on CASH payments;I've assumed that it auto prints whenever the "pymt to acct" is entered.

Sister Girl

19. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Even when you go into the store to make a payment to your account,on the bottom of the receipt it says " your payment is not received until processed thru our bank"....which is clearly BS.

That's about as bad as the State of Oklahoma which has a law stating that monies owed to the state must be paid to the state treasurer's office and that the state treasurer cannot accept any instrument of debt in lieu of lawful money in payment of fees or taxes due the state. It goes on to state that payments to the state treasurer in the form of money orders, checks, or other instrument of debt does not constitute payment of the amount due until the state treasury has lawful money in it's accounts in the amount of the indebtedness and furthermore if the state treasurer accepts anything other than lawful money in lieu of lawful money he is subject to a $10,000 fine and up to 5 years in jail.

I've tried to run the state tax commission around Robin Hood's barn several times over this lulu, but we end up in a Mexican standoff every time. I've demanded to know in court what is lawful money since according to the wording of the law it can't be Federal Reserve Notes, it can't be checks drawn on any bank and it can't be a U.S. Postal or any other money order since none of them will pay the state treasurer any lawful money, all of them being in and of themselves instruments of debt, not lawful money as demanded.

They always manage to find some way to weasel out of answering the question. I guess they don't want their state treasurer languishing in the state's cressbar hotel at their expense for the next 5 years. So now it's come down to the tacit understanding that if they don't bother me I wont bother them.
    But,please....don't let me ruin your newfound happiness(smile).

We all know you did that on purpose.
    LOL

20. SisterGirl

WOW,that is heavy....

I'm just waiting until they screw up & post it to the day "other" than is what is on the tendered receipt.
    I will raise HELL with them;but also,Citibank does the same thing(when you pay online,they say up to 3 business days to post...& posts the date that it CLEARS your bank).

Happy trails,
    Sister Girl