further processing needed for Targe

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jul 17, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Well I did it. Got off the wagon and applied. Now I'm sure after this darn message...im denied again.

I'm going back on the wagon and I'm staying there. I feel sooo stupid now. ;o(

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

Don't be so hard on yourself...if you didn't apply, you would never have known. Of course, I am saying this to you and I have wanted to do it for two weeks now.....

Just remember, it can only get better. Don't get depressed, just try to better your position. Send your letters, dispute the negatives...

Hope this helps, at least a little!

Shawn

3. mother2

Thanks Shawn

for the encouragement. I guess I need to go back to NYC and spend some more to get rid of this depression.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Did they give you an application number for reference?

I have come to the conclusion that there are 1 of 3 scenerios.

1. Instant approval
    2. Needs further processing and they give you a reference number that you can use to return later on to check the status. This usually results in an approval.
    3. Needs further processing and no reference number is given. This is most likely a denial.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

if your fico is around 610 it should approve you. target seems to go strictly by the score these days.

6. mother2

No, no and no.

I called the 800 number and they told me chances are I was denied. Oh well. I'll just keep my 3 cc and forget about a retail card. I can't seem to get one. I'm sooo p!$$'d off. I thought my credit was doing well with the deletion of a judgment and all.

7. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Re: No, no and no.

Wait. You wasted an inquiry if you don't pursue this. Write a letter. Say that since online approvals often do not consider other factors about your credit history/ability/and or willingness to pay you would like the opportunity as per the FCRA to supply additional information. Tell them that you after finding out about the FICO scoring system and the inaccuracies (70% according to PIRG) of CRA's you are becoming stingy with inquiries and skeptical of info provided by the bureaus. They used one inquiry of yours and wasted it if they don't approve you and you want a detailed and specific reason which would allow you to address any concerns they may have, provide proof of inaccuracies, or anything else that may be necessary. If you are here already it is likely you already have a recent credit report. If they still say no, after all of that, I would continue to write, phone, and anything else it took to either get them to give you a chance or to do a courtesy deletion of the inquiry. We have to stop lying down and taking it when we are not approved for something thus dropping our FICO. If they want to USE the FICO or internal scoring methods then they had better be VERY prepared to defend them.

8. mother2

Great idea...

Thanks so much for the info. Should I wait for the letter or should I start writing now?

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Great idea...

This is great! When we get Home Depot denial, I'll use this in my planetfeedback raspberries letter!

10. jimc001

jimc001 Active Member

Re: Great idea...

If you put dashes in your drivers license number it will say unable to process. I used the back button and removed the dashes and it took it and gave me an account right then and there.