FusionCard (Fleet)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by John Shimm, Nov 15, 2000.

1. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

I have perfect credit (158k home loan, several lease cars, two platinum cards w/ $20K in credit limit w/ only $800 combined on both - upwards of three years of great credit with only ONE derog - a 6.1 year old repossession that I PAID off (marked as "PAID AFTER SETTLEMENT" on Trans Union, not even on the other two).

I applied for the FusionCard (smart-card) from Fleet. Turned me down because they managed to use my friggin' TU report (or maybe all three? and saw the 6.1 year old paid off repo. Funny thing is, I have a Fleet Platinum with a $10k limit ($400 charged on it) right now!

Does anybody know which creditors use Experian or Equifax EXCLUSIVELY ?? I was really wanting to get a 'smart-card' (with the chip in it - I think Providian and FirstUSA offer them, but Providian is by invite only).

Thanks!

2. Carrot

Carrot Guest

You can find this info at Creditmania.com.

3. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

"The List" is not completely accurate. I was looking for some explicit responses.

Thanks!

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

The lists accuracy is largely dependent on where you live.

For example, I live in Indiana, and 99% of creditors pull AT LEAST TransUnion, if they only pull one report.

As another example, AMEX always pulls TU on me, but many others have Experian pulled.

5. mj

mj Well-Known Member

In New England, Fleet pulls only Experian. It varies based on your zip code.

You could call them and fax in an explanation (i.e. after problems with the car and unable to come to agreement, allowed them to repo it and settled the balance) and then mention your other compensating factors (high income, perfect repayment, and PLATINUM CARD WITH THEM ALREADY).

Fleet can be a little too automated (everything is score driven with minimal override capabilities). BUT, you never know until you make a few attempts.

Good luck,
    MJ