FWD: Wow, AMEX doesn't like ge

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Sep 7, 2000.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

I've just read a very interesting post on another board (Steven Z's favourite - Bayhouse :)). Here's the link: www.bayhouse.com/discus/messages/4/797.html?967738909

For the link-challenged among us, here's the text:

By David Temkin (Dtemkin) on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 10:41 am:

So today I call and speak with a few different people and make a few different offers. One offer consisted of me paying 1/2, and then them reopening the account (an Optima account) as a revolving charge with a limit equal to the amount still owed. They 'nay-ed' that one.
    I then tried the do-not-verify trick. They wouldn't go for that either. The kind lady stated that it would remain on as a chargeoff, and if I paid it, it would reflect as a paid chargeoff. When I pointed out to her that both look equally as bad, she said "That's correct".

Wait. It gets better.

I then pointed out that even if I were dumb enough to pay it, it would restart the 7year clock, which already started some 300days ago. Why would I want to put myself into that situation?

She replies: "You probably wouldn't" and I said "So you think I'm better off not paying it?" and she says "Probably".

Wow, go AMEX!

-Dave

2. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: Mind your manners Saar :)

Afraid I have to 'share' that distinction with bg, and shame on you Saar for leaving her name out of this. She gets 'testy' when that happens, as her poor 'abused' husband BOB can attest :)