FYI...approval/denial update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Jan 18, 2001.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Just got the mail. BofA approved Gold $6500 limit. First USA denied, reasons: insufficient length of bankcard history, insufficient credit file, too many inquiries in last 12 mo. (5 including them) also,they said my score wasn't high enough to meet their criteria. They pulled experian, my perfect report. Don't know who BofA pulled, couldn't have been Experian, doesn't appear on latest update 1/12. Just wanted to share...:)

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: FYI...approval/denial upda

I'm assuming that you bank at BofA. Getting a card from them is a GOOD THING! Good job!

I can't believe you wanted a card from First USA! Don't you know that they are the Anti-Christ?

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

BofA pulled TU last year for my hubby. Hmmmm I wonder if they deleted my last dispute already. I'll let you know.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Well, regardless.....I was under the impression that BofA is HARD TO OBTAIN?? I banked there for 10 years and even when I had good credit, they denied me.

5. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Last month I was on a roll to see how many I could get. Dumb...!! My ex screwed my credit up years ago and I hadn't even applied for anything in 15 years... I was shocked to see that I had good credit when I ordered my reports, so I tried to get everything I could. This gets addicting. Now that I know I can get cards, and good ones, I'm done. I'm using them to build my file, and then dumping the crappy ones in a year. My goal now is to have 3 prime cards with high limits. See, I did have a plan...and I have already closed some that I felt were going to be a potential problem. I went from 0 to $20K on 8 cards in 1.5 months. Too MUCH!!!!!

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Well, I thought I messed up when I applied for BofA, one of those pre-approved things in the mail. After the fact, I found out they pulled TU and thought I would be denied. I have a collection acct on TU and Equifax for that elec. bill my ex stuck me with.

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

MP$40

Sorry, I didn't answer your question in your previous post. No, I've never done any business with them in the past.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

What did your mail offer say, I got one from BOA but it was an acceptance certificate, I trashed it thinking I would never get it. Just curious I have enough for now, but that would have been nice.

Mom

9. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Thats what it was. Actually it came under my former last name, and it had a certification number I had to use to get the offer. I really didn't think I would get it.

10. Tony

Tony Guest

They pulled equifax on me two weeks ago. I live in Los Angeles.

11. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I live in N.East PA.

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Shoot

DANG, I may have gotten the card!! I just trashed it thinking NO WAY, oh well I don't need anymore at the moment, but with Citi pi$$ing me off, I may decide to find another bank.

Mom