FYI: No more user titles

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pbm, May 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Roni:
    Actually, my comment was offered in good spirit not for the sake of debate or controversy. It was a simple observation posed in question form, requiring only a smidgen of civility to grasp. Since you â??opted to leaveâ? your initial comments in; are we to presume youâ??re the one looking for debate, misinterpreting a benign comment for hostility?

Of course your actions beg the questions: which is more â??hilarious;â? an elitist attitude, the over-reaction, or considering one is an expert simply based on title (or for that matter, number of posts)?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

WHATEVER MAN. I DONT EVEN WANNA TOUCH WHAT YOU MEANT BY THAT. You are the laughable one.

roni

3. Crdt Dfnse

Roni:
    You know folks see the world as they are, not necessarily as it is. Sorry youâ??ve chosen to see the worst in this situation, and I hope you feel better about it tomorrow. Itâ??s unfortunate that you took offense to my comments, I truly meant nothing more than to pose a question. That is for the sake of friendly conversation and nothing more.

Now if youâ??ll excuse me..? I need to glance in the mirror for a good laugh. [:)

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

CHANGED MY MIND....ha!

5. Crdt Dfnse

Roni:
    How sweet, a peace offering! Now I appreciate the gesture but itâ??s really not necessary, a simple Iâ??m sorry or â??no problemâ?? will do. Other than that you could always let this matter go, as Iâ??m about too.

Take care.

6. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

I prefer the way it is now.

7. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Just as a heads up, we'll probably be revisiting User Titles again shortly. I can guarantee that it won't satisfy everyone, it just isn't possible.

Some people will always post just to see their numbers / status go up, and there will always be the quality vs quantity debate. In the end it's just one way of many to measure who contributes to the board.

Also, I've gone through and updated all registered users post counts and their join date to reflect all posts in the database that match their registered name. Of course, this means that people that registered under a different name than what they posted with on the old board will have a smaller count than people that registered with the same name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.