G & L Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rick, Feb 8, 2001.

1. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any experience with G&L bank? www.glbank.com is their website. How is their service and credit standards?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

dunno but that logo looks kinda funny.

3. AZMDX

AZMDX Guest

Rick,

Are you aware what G & L stands for?

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I remember that when G & L first began offering online checking accounts, many people on this board had a lot of great things to say about their services. They came into existence about the same time as X.Com. While its services are aimed primarily toward the gay and lesbian community, they don't exclude anyone.

Many people were disappointed by the appearance of G & L's debit cards because they included the logo set in a lot of wild colors. They were worried about others seeing it and showing stupidity toward them. I don't recall anyone mentioning having been approved for one of their credit cards. If I'm not mistaken, they don't use Chex Systems for new checking accounts.

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hi Doris :)

How you been dear? Any pet problems still
    going on? cya dogman

6. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Hi Doris :)

None lately! I'm stocked up on antifreeze, and my BB gun is pumped and ready to go, just in case ;-)

7. JimmyW

JimmyW Guest

They will check your experian and transunion reports no matter where you live. They have very high standards for issuing credit cards. A real person actually reviews your credit file and says yes or no. A great bank to do business with. They are located in Florida.

And forget what the logo means, or who the supposedly cater to, and remeber that the rainbow means, happiness, serenity and obvioulsy the pot of gold.

8. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what the logo means. They are a small bank, and I thought that perhaps they might look at each application individually. On the other hand, I know they want to build thier bank up, so they might be more willing to accept me with a BK that's 9 years and 10 months old!

9. Rachel

Rachel Guest

check out the website...it is not just for alternative lifestyles but also for "significant others" to have joint accounts, etc. the cards are very cool looking -- i like the GWM -- "girl with money" card!

10. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

A friend of mine got a checking account through G&L Bank and had good things to say about it. She got her account at around the same time I got my doggone X.com account. She and I were both looking for places that didn't use ChexSystems. (Come to think of it, I believe I'll go check out G&L now....)

I don't think she applied for the credit card though.... she has a BK on her credit file; not sure how old. She has some of the usual subprime suspects in her wallet.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Cindy

11. Himmel

Himmel Guest

I thought that as well, that since they're in the process of building, they'd offer me a higher limit than the 3 I possess now being Aria, Orchard, & CorTrust.

As soon as any credit card co. gives me a $5k limit, I'll close all these down.

But I guess I won't likely have to face another rejection, because I got turned off by the card design and decided not to apply.