Gap CARD

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Aug 23, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Anyone have this card? Is it easy to get? etc?

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Do you happen to know which bank issues the card?

3. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

I think its MCCBG, Monogram Bank of Georgia, the same bank that took over Jcpenney.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I haven't had good results from Monogram Bank, although standards may differ between their various cards. I got turned down for the Exxon and JCPenney cards about the same time I got approved for a Macy's card. It wasn't a credit bureau thing, either. All three pulled Experian, the last report I wanted them to pull.

A real Gap cardholder could offer you better information, but I hope this helps in the meantime.
    I also hope it goes well if you decide to apply.

5. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello There,

I have the gap card, old navy, banana republic, jc penney, ae clear card, mobil, all approve within a 2 months period.... is fairly easy to get.... I think you just have to apply to find out... that's the best way.... when I apply for these cards my credit scores were in the high 600 and low 700's so hope this will help you out.... one thing I do notice though is that they take a few days to post the payments you send to them... and they actually lost one of my payments to ae clear card I send in to pay off the account and they told me that they did'nt get it.... good luck on getting your gap card....
    by the way all these cards are issue through monogram bank of georgia.....

Sincerely,

Kev...