Garnishment in Texas

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by heather, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Anthony:

Anthony, the words were not meant to be "kind" nor were they "covering" anything.

Let's not play hypothetical games. I have far better things to do than "play games" with you or anybody else.

You don't give her credit for having much brainpower, do you?
    She is a highly intelligent lady who knows what she want to do and why. I've spoken to her on the phone and I am very impressed with her level of intelligence. She might be asking questions to see what people have to offer, but she is nobody's fool.

I didn't give your comments the recommendation I did to get you off into playing some kind of silly games.

I didn't give your comments the recommendation I did to "cover" anything at all.

And I most assuredly did not give your comments the recommendation that I did to pat you on the head.

I gave the recommendation I did for the pure and simple reason that they were good and valid recommendations and I think that regardless of your propensity to play silly games it was and is good advice and that she would do well to follow your suggestions.

END -PERIOD FINIS. TODO COMPLETO. No queiro nada de tus juegetos. YA! BASTA! DEJAME EN PAZ! VETE A JUGAR EN OTROS LADOS, POR FAVOR!

2. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Bill:
    Games? I only asked the â??hypotheticalâ? question to get a better grasp on what is obviously a contradiction on your part, clearly not to play a game. My thought was that perhaps, if I understood where you were coming from better. I could give alternative suggestions to help both you and your client. How can a simple question be construed to mean something sinister or as a game, without escaping rational thought?

I believe the problem this board has been dealing with where youâ??re concerned Bill. Is that while you promote your business, clearly by using the board as a vehicle for your client discussions. You seem to forget the essential premise of posting on any open forum, which is to exchange differing thoughts and (in some cases) complimentary ideas. Is that what you consider game playing?

Did you truly find my â??hypotheticalâ? question THAT offensive, or have you no answer to it and felt I was trapping you into something? Think about it, Bill, I neither attacked what you stated nor aimed to pick a fight â?? but understand your logic a little better. I donâ??t know how I could have stated such more clearly.

Frankly, I thought you were being pretty cool complimenting my post. Yet that compliment did strike me as overly soft peddling to â??coverâ? yourself, perhaps thinking I was up to some trick. I donâ??t know for sure, thatâ??s just the way your uncharacteristic praise struck me. Nonetheless if you read my response as a game; doesnâ??t that reflect more on you than on me? After all people do see the world around them as they are, not always as it truly is.

Games? Nope, I donâ??t play those when it comes to financial affairs affecting others. But then I suppose thatâ??s what separates our conflicting styles, Billâ?¦ I can tell the difference between games and reality. [;-)

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Anthony:
    Well, it struck you the wrong way then. It was a sincere statement and was not meant as a compliment or "cover" or any other obscure thing. I thought your advice was excellent, I said so and that was supposed to be the end of it.

I can well understand your terming it "uncharacteristic", however, if someone has a bit of praise coming then I believe in giving it freely regardless of any other circumstance or condition.

Whatever

How others see the world is not my concern. Some will try to pick fault with everything someone says, look for ways to discredit others hoping to make themselves appear to be some sort of guru or magician or other image of great wisdom. Others having more a more paranoid bent look for how the other guy has hurt or beat them out of something, lied to them or whatever, still others always look their gift horses teeth over very carefully and still others simply take things at face value and don't try to tead all sorts of imaginary hidden meanings into the words or actions of others. Personally, I tend to take things at face value and if it turns out later that such is not so then I know what the other person is like.

I never said that you did.

I suppose that I wish that was all. Lamentably, I'm afraid that there is much more than that.

And there is just one example. I don't make snide comments in a vain attempt to make myself look "cute" or smarter than the other guy.

There are plenty of others reading this board that will testify to the fact that if I have some comment that might EVEN make it look like I was trying to be critical of them I take it up in private email whenever possible so that they will not feel that I am attacking them or trying to put them down or slam them.

I would far rather take disagreements or conflicts to a private forum than to blast it all over the board creating yet more hate and discontent and distraction for the readers no matter that many of them have sent me emails telling me how much fun they have reading these stupid fights you seem to love to generate at every opportunity.

I have no doubt whatever that you do know the difference between games and reality. What you so obviously lack is the ability to discern the difference between praise and slams.

4. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

(No folks, Iâ??m not going to argue. Who am I to do that with a man who canâ??t even get his position straight in his own mind?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.