Gas card requirements less str

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Paul, Jul 15, 2000.

1. Paul

Paul Guest

One common theme for credit repair seems to be applying for gas cards. Are they less strict when dealing with tarnished credit compared to a standard unsecured Visa/MC?

I would like to apply for an Amaco card, but don't want the inquiry if I'm likely to be rejected.

Thanks.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

RE: Gas card requirements less

You might want to apply for a card with chevron. they offer a credit builder account. if your score is borderline they will give you a card for an annual fee. i have chargeoffs and they were able to give me a card for a $30 fee. the credit limit is $300.00. I thought it was a good deal and they do report to the credit reporting agencies monthly.

3. Renae

Renae Guest

Do you know of any other names that Chevron goes under? We don't have those here--or very, very few. I recently applied for a Mobil & Amoco and was turned down. I was hoping that I'd have a good chance even though I have a lousy credit history since I now have 3 secured cards that I have handled very responsibly--but no go. If you know if they go under another name, please let me know. Thanks!

joe wrote:
    -------------------------------
    You might want to apply for a card with chevron. they offer a credit builder account. if your score is borderline they will give you a card for an annual fee. i have chargeoffs and they were able to give me a card for a $30 fee. the credit limit is $300.00. I thought it was a good deal and they do report to the credit reporting agencies monthly.

4. Michael

Michael Guest

Chevron doesn't go by any other name but they were at one time affiliated with Mobil.

I would strongly recomend you try the Sunoco Card I sujested a few posts up.

They offer a card with only $250.00 limit, and $75.00 daily limit so the requirements are probably fairly easy.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

You could try waiting for pre-approved gas cards. Texaco, Chevron, and Shell all came to me within 9 months after I got my first subprime cards (Providian and Capital One.)