gas cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by janet, Sep 7, 2000.

1. janet

janet Guest

What are the easiest gas cards to obtain? I've heard about a Chevron one that is supposed to help build your credit. Has anyone heard of this? Sounds too good to be true.

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Gas cards are typically the easiest to get, often attracting those with little or no credit history.

Depending on the severity of your credit file, obtaining a gas card shouldn't be too large of an issue, though it is certainly no guarantee.

3. Killer

Killer Guest

Type "chevron" in the search feature of this board to learn all about the credit builder program.

4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

i have an account with Chevron, and they are great. No annual fee's, you can pay them off every month, or pay a % of the balance (min amt due) all in all a great card, and company. I reccomend them. Another good card is Texaco. You can apply for both online. Good luck !

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Exxon is pretty easy to get, you can apply online at get instant approval

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I believe the Chevron credit builder card comes with an annual fee, while the regular card doesn't. Texaco, Chevron, and Shell all offered me preapproved cards once I started building a credit record.

While some gas cards require full payment each month, others allow easy minimum payments. Texaco and Shell require only 3% of the balance. Exxon requires 10%, and Chevron 20%. The first three are run by outside banks that seem to enjoy charging interest on unpiad balances.

7. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I also have the Chevron card. They are great! I had a collection from 95' and they gave me a 400 limit. I have had them for over 3 months now and I am waiting to see if they are on any of my credit reports.

Good Luck

Go Chevron

8. Michael

Michael Guest

Sunoco only requires 1 positive report to issue it's basic card ($250.00 Limit).

Unfortunatly it doesn't report to the bureaus. You could get a manual insertion by getting the bureau to write to Sunoco.